Souray Signs

Fanpuck33_

This is good news, but the price tag seems a bit steep to me for a guy who has only shown a flash of one season of his new found offensive abilities. I'm not sure we needed to pay another D-man $3 mill/yr that may only score 3 or 4 goals a season!!!{See Rivet}

Nice Souray is signed. 3 million a season might sound expensive right now. Don't forget he was a potentiel Norris trophy candidate half way through the season with his amazing stats. Either way, at that price for a season, if he can play great it's a freakin' steal considering how much Chara and Pronger are getting paid.

Good... Now lets get Ryder under contract.

Although I am question if Souray will be able to play (and produce) the way he did in the first half of 03-04 ...

Oh... some other news, Huet will play in Germany if the NHL Locksout this season: http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/162540.html

[Edited on 2004-9-13 by puck7x]

Considering Souray had 10 of his points against a horrible Pittsburgh team last year I won't get my hopes up on him...

If he plays up to his physical potential and pots 30 points I'll be happy with him and not think he's overpaid. If he reverts back to his non-physical play and scores less then 25 points then he's overpaid.

Quite frankly, I think we'll see him put up 20-25 points and he'll be inconsistent with his physical play and defence. Hope I'm wrong...

This was surely a tough call for Gainey, It's a gamble for sure, He could have easily done a one year contract worth say 3.5/4 Million and if Souray had a bad season, they would have to re-negotiate. however if Gainey goes for the long term deal worth 3 Million a year, he's guaranteed to have Souray locked up if he continues to improve. Let's just hope he continues to stay healthy

Originally posted by puck7x

Good... Now lets get Ryder under contract.

Although I am question if Souray will be able to play (and produce) the way he did in the first half of 03-04 ...

Oh... some other news, Huet will play in Germany if the NHL Locksout this season: http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/162540.html

Huet should have better signed with a Suisse team .... Germany, oh my god?! :wall::P

Remember how well Komisarek played along side Souray in the playoffs and down the stretch of the season, IMO, Souray is a great teacher to our young talent comming up in the system, he has vetran leadership and toughness, an asset which all teams covet, unless you are the Leafs....muahahahahaha, then you just need to be dumb to be good enough to play for them.