Komisarek out for a month

mineral

And that exactly right. Dandi is a player that is versitile and i have been happy with his play this season when he atually gets a chance to play. He deserves a shot. When Obyrne or Brisebois needs a rest we can count on Dandi as we used to a few years ago.

Dandy can play D, but that doesn't mean he can play it really well, and he definitly can't pick up the slack of Brisebois or O'Byrne.

Read Carbo does not think any Defenseman in Hamilton is ready yet.

The D was already shaky at best, now losing Komisarek is big.

Even when he gets back, could be another mth before he refinds his game.

Wander if a Trade for a D is possibility.

Realistically a team is going to want one of habs young forwards, probably someone like Plekanac - in order to get someone back decent.

Read Carbo does not think any Defenseman in Hamilton is ready yet.

The D was already shaky at best, now losing Komisarek is big.

Even when he gets back, could be another mth before he refinds his game.

Wander if a Trade for a D is possibility.

Realistically a team is going to want one of habs young forwards, probably someone like Plekanac - in order to get someone back decent.

I think Plex is pretty untouchable.

But I'd trade him for a D seeing we have much more depth at forward than D.

The best solution is to ride this out. It's only a month, people. Let's see what these guys are made of. 29 teams have to try and find ways to win games without Mike Komisarek every game of the year. We're no different.

The best solution is to ride this out. It's only a month, people. Let's see what these guys are made of. 29 teams have to try and find ways to win games without Mike Komisarek every game of the year. We're no different.

Even when Komisarek comes back, we'll probably be looking for another defenseman at the deadline. If we slump through the next couple of weeks, we may as well add a d-man early if we can get the right guy.

I think Plex is pretty untouchable.

But I'd trade him for a D seeing we have much more depth at forward than D.

I dont see why Plex is untouchable.

Really no forward should, if we can get back a REAL Defenseman.

Its obvious this should be the #1 Priority now for Gainey.

Even if Komisarek comes back healthy - still short 1 Top 4 defensman:

I see Komisarek, Hamrlik and Markov.

The rest including Gorges are not top 4 defenseman that you need for any Playoff run.

BTW did any one else think they should play Brisebois more on the PP - his shot may not be the hardest, but at least they seem to hit the net !

I dont see why Plex is untouchable.

Really no forward should, if we can get back a REAL Defenseman.

Its obvious this should be the #1 Priority now for Gainey.

Even if Komisarek comes back healthy - still short 1 Top 4 defensman:

I see Komisarek, Hamrlik and Markov.

The rest including Gorges are not top 4 defenseman that you need for any Playoff run.

BTW did any one else think they should play Brisebois more on the PP - his shot may not be the hardest, but at least they seem to hit the net !

We don't have any other top 2 line centres in their mid-twenties. That's why Plex is so valuable to us. Wingers? We have a few to spare, but not centres.

As for us needing a d-man, this is how you find out if you really do need one or not. Gorges looks like he could be a top 4 guy for us. Can one of O'Byrne, Breeze, or Dandy be a regular, everyday guy for us? Now's the time to answer these questions, not for bringing in a new guy. If you go around as a GM right now asking for a new d-men, opposing GM's are going to play hardball on you and it'll get you nowhere. You're down a top pairing guy and they'll play you as desperate.

There's not going to be a trade for a d-man, I can tell you that now. Whenever anyone slumps for 2 games, injured for a week or whatever, all I hear is "trade trade trade", but when was the last time this club saw a mid-season trade. When do you EVER see season trades apart from the deadline these days anyways? In any case, we don't really have anyone on the trading block. One of the benefits of having a team built from the farm is that everyone knows and is comfortable with each other. Carbo won't take anyone out of our core that we worked so hard to develop. Plus, what's the point of wasting out assets on a d-man who we don't really need in the big picture since we have lot's of young defence that will be jockying for position in a year or two.

Plus, what's the point of wasting out assets on a d-man who we don't really need in the big picture since we have lot's of young defence that will be jockying for position in a year or two.

If there is a point it would be to take a run at the cup.

You take a look at the past two cup winners in Anaheim and Detroit and their defense is stacked. Also, since we have so much young D it may be alright to move one or two.

Lots of vets like Koivu / Kovalev / Tanguay / Lang etc.

This team is built for this year, next year we have the most number of Free Agents - which I think is actually very smart planning by Gainey.

So you have to go for it all this year - and grab a legitimate top 4 defenseman.

If it doesn't work, next year's team will most likely be very different anyways - so take your shot now.

Win a couple of games in a row and then from a position of power - pillage some poor losing team for their best D for one or more of our forwards.

I am still pissed that no one clocked Lucic, now we got to wait to January - frig !