Fortier signed

MAK

Glad he was signed. Fortier is basically another Lapierre. Or Antoine Vermette. Always hustling, always in your face, super skater. Downside is that he's smaller. He put on some weight since getting drafted but will still need to bulk up. At 5-11, his ideal weight should be around 190-195 lbs.

True its not the sexiest signing, but he's progressed nicely. With White, Russell & Fortier Habs got 3 very annoying players to play against.

Glad he was signed. Fortier is basically another Lapierre. Or Antoine Vermette. Always hustling, always in your face, super skater. Downside is that he's smaller. He put on some weight since getting drafted but will still need to bulk up. At 5-11, his ideal weight should be around 190-195 lbs.

True its not the sexiest signing, but he's progressed nicely. With White, Russell & Fortier Habs got 3 very annoying players to play against.

Looks pretty sexy to me. A shutdown centre, if he can survive the NHL is very valuable. Defensive forward award. I hope to see this kid soon. Would be a step up from Mini version of Ryder we have centering the 4th line now.

Since he's playing for Rimouski, he won't be available for the Bulldogs this spring. Rimouski is hosting the Memorial Cup, so he's got hockey to play well into May.

The Oceanic are 9-1 since he returned to the lineup. They may be the 6th seed, but Fortier makes them better than that. Should be a good challenger in the Q playoffs.

I've liked him as a pick from the get go. Good to see him signed for next year, regardless of his playoff performance to come.

Great news, been trying to follow him since he was chosen. Like the look of him. Would love if he, White and Lapierre can develop one day into our 2-3-4 centres. Gives a really solid-looking spine to the forwards. Hope he makes it all the way through.

Good signing. Interesting player if he works on his offensive game. Seen him play a few times and defensively, he's up there.

He reminds me a little of Lapierre for that. Lapierre was basically a shutdown C in juniors too and was never really given any offensive role until he was in the AHL and now look at him go.

Fortier might be the same, we wont know until he's put in that role. But it certainly easier to reach the NHL when your defensive game is well rounded... and when you have speed and can win faceoffs. :P