Molson family please fire Timmins ASAP

After this years draft its absolutely clear to me that Timmins has to go, and ASAP so the new guy has ample time to prepare for next years draft.

I know there is a hardcore bromance here with Timmins, but seriously look at his track record, its actually not that good and undeserving of such high praise.

I have high hopes that Martin will demand the change. Remember that the Habs poached the Sens top scouting guy, Frank Jay? I'm pretty sure they used to work together in Ottawa. Well I can only hope. The Sens were pretty good drafters when Martin was with them.

Whats with Timmins love affair with NCAA players who will only be available for 1/2 the time the Habs own their rights for? Makes no sense drafting players who tell you up front that your team is a secondary priority. Ya, lets keep picking 18-19 year olds who are potentially already looking beyond their pro hockey careers. They should be picking kids whose priority is hoisting the Cup, not school.

IMO Timmins success rate as of late is a lot similar to resembling Eklunds, they probably at par for hockey knowledge in general. :puke:

In the last 3 drafts (not counting this years) only 3 players have played in the NHL, for a combined total of 44 games. Thats a success? I know his success rate will probably increase with time, but still thats no guarantee either.

7 rnds/draft, out of the last 21 pics only 3 have played in the NHL. So far Timmins has a 9.5% success rate in the last 3 drafts. Yippie. :clap:

In the last 3 drafts the Habs have picked 6 NCAA guys in the 1st 3 rnds, and 12 in total. Thats almost 1/2 the Habs picks gone to the NCAA for possibly 4 years or more. New rules Bob, players walk when they are 27 so drafting NCAA players high in the draft who you know could be MIA for up to 4 years is for suckers.

Whats the point in using almost half your picks on NCAA players who historically around 10% actually panned out and were available to play in Montreal in less than 4 years. Thats just "being available" in less than 4 years, it doesnt even mean they'll be good enough for NHL after their 4 year sabbatical.

Still think its so smart? Look at the Wings.

The Wings have selected 5 NCAA guys in the last 4 years. How many in the 1st 3 rnds? Wings wasted just 1 1st rnd pic, 27th overall on a NCAA. The other 4 went 1 4th, 1 5th, and 2 7ths. If drafting NCAA guys high in the draft was the key to success than why arent the Wings doing it?

As far as I am concerned the Habs would be better off wasting 1/2 their picks on Russians. There has to be a higher than 10% chance that they will come over within 4 years and the chance of them being good enough when the do show up would also have to be higher than 10%.

Picks in the 1st 3 rounds are to try to fill immediate needs, not possible needs possibly 4 years from now.

I cant beleive that I am the only person who sees this massive problem but I guess the majority of Habs fans beleive the stupid analysts that are based in Toronto who dont even follow the Habs.

:blink:

no matter how you rate him, IF you use the same rating system as you would use for any other scout in the league, he comes out on top.

his sucess rate is one of the best if not the best.

every NHL drafting pros rate our farm as one of the top 5.

I'm really puzzled by your post.

If you had used an argument like :

Drafting Kost over Carter, then Lapierre over Bergeron...

it would have had something interesting (although that's an already very beaten up dead horse)

but your post just doesn't make any sense... at least not if you do the same % league wide.

Why not focus on his 1st three drafts instead of his last 3? How quickly are 18 year olds supposed to develop in your opinion? Very few step in as NHL ready players right after the draft. Hell, most prospects don't play an NHL game until they are over 20. How many prospects in the the last 3 drafts are currently over 20 years old?