GDT---Bulldogs vs Abbotsford Heat---2/13/10

Lammy

Bulldogs drop a tough one, 2-1 to the Heat. Shawn Belle scored for Hamilton (2nd straight game for him) from Benoit and Russell less than 3 minutes in; the game was tied in the 3rd before Abbotsford clinched it. Sanford with the loss.

A note from tonight, Hamilton dressed just 16 skaters as Max Pacioretty sat this one out, I presume with an injury.

Scoring Summary:

1st Period:

1. HAM - Shawn Belle - 3 (Andre Benoit, Ryan Russell) - 2:59

2. ABB - Cam Cunning - 11 (Jason Jaffray, Olivier Latendresse) - 7:53 (PP)

2nd Period:

No Scoring

3rd Period:

3. ABB - J.D. Watt - 7 (Keith Seabrook, Staffan Kronwall) - 7:25

Lammy> was Wyman playing defense? Why was Weber let go early to Vancouver? Isn't Busto still available to us? I believe that anyone could have been signed from the ECHL and brought in, even players from Cinci. You even see players loaned from other franchises. Why would we play short?

Why would we play short?

It was probably because the coaching staff knew that Desharnais, Pyatt, and Subban were going to be returned to the Bulldogs when the NHL shut down for the Olympic break.

As far as Weber goes, it's my understanding that Team Switzerland is holding a mini training camp leading up to their first game. He was probably required to attend.

It was probably because the coaching staff knew that Desharnais, Pyatt, and Subban were going to be returned to the Bulldogs when the NHL shut down for the Olympic break.

As far as Weber goes, it's my understanding that Team Switzerland is holding a mini training camp leading up to their first game. He was probably required to attend.

Unless we had less than 4 defenders, I think taking away Weber's Olympic experience would have been cruel. Plus, he'll probably learn one helluva lot playing against the big boys for a week.