Brock Trotter

Colin

I'll do this again since this player intrigues me as does Subban.

Does he have what it takes to succeed in the NHL, or is he one of these too small, too weak guys who excels in the AHL, but can't make the jump? He seems to be having a very respectable season leading the Bulldogs in scoring, so there has to be some upside to his game, particularly since he's still young.

We'll likely find out next season one way or the other - he'll have to clear waivers at the beginning of the season to go down. I personally don't think he'll be an impact guy as I don't think he can play a bottom-6 role right away which would be asked of him if he were to crack the Habs.

We'll likely find out next season one way or the other - he'll have to clear waivers at the beginning of the season to go down. I personally don't think he'll be an impact guy as I don't think he can play a bottom-6 role right away which would be asked of him if he were to crack the Habs.

He certianly has to get stronger. You would wonder if they couldn't send him to Europe for a year like they did with Benoit. Another year might make the difference. Hope it works out.

He certianly has to get stronger. You would wonder if they couldn't send him to Europe for a year like they did with Benoit. Another year might make the difference. Hope it works out.

That's what the AHL is for. I can't see going to Europe being any help.

That's what the AHL is for. I can't see going to Europe being any help.

I think this is where the system lets us down. Players are not always ready in the time alloted. I do believe that if he went on waivers that someone would take a flyer on him. The Habs have used their resources to bring him along then just lose him for nothing. That's why I brought up that European quirk.