GDT---Bulldogs vs Abbotsford Heat (GAME #4)---5/06/10

Lammy

hamiltonbulldogs430_50695.jpg

heat_58381.jpg

2010 Calder Cup Playoffs

North Division Finals

Game #4

Hamilton Bulldogs @ Abbotsford Heat (Bulldogs lead series 2-1)

Thursday May 6, 2010

Puck drops at 10:00pm ET

Listen to the game live at www.talk820.com

GO DOGS GO!!!

The game was tied at 1 more than halfway through the 2nd but from there it all went downhill as the Heat cruised to a 4-1 victory to square the series at 2.

Desjardins with the loss, wonder if Sanford's ready to get a start? (He was just as good as Ceddy during the year, might not hurt...)

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1007300

wonder if Sanford's ready to get a start? (He was just as good as Ceddy during the year, might not hurt...)

I can only speak for myself, but I am scared to death at the thought of Sanford coming into play right now. I agree that he was as good as Cedrick during the year, but Curtis has not played a game since March 27. He has got to be a bit rusty after being out of the lineup since then.

On a side note.....it's interesting to observe that Sanford's last game (March 27) was against these very same Abbotsford Heat which the Dogs are facing in this 2nd round of the playoffs.

I can only speak for myself, but I am scared to death at the thought of Sanford coming into play right now. I agree that he was as good as Cedrick during the year, but Curtis has not played a game since March 27. He has got to be a bit rusty after being out of the lineup since then.

On a side note.....it's interesting to observe that Sanford's last game (March 27) was against these very same Abbotsford Heat which the Dogs are facing in this 2nd round of the playoffs.

If that's the case, may as well pull Mayer up and make him the backup if the coaching staff is concerned for the same reason you are. He's gotta play sometime, I'd have played him very early in this series myself to avoid having him so rusty (probably Game 2 to get him right back in the thick of things). Even if we lose tomorrow (say with Sanford), go back to Desjardins for Games 6 and 7 back at the Dog Pound, he'll benefit from the rest I'm sure.

Hopefully the flu bug that took out 25% of the team yesterday has subsided, healthier bodies would go a long way to retaking the series lead tomorrow.

Hopefully the flu bug that took out 25% of the team yesterday has subsided, healthier bodies would go a long way to retaking the series lead tomorrow.

Gotta love the flu bug!! :puke:

Gotta love the flu bug!! :puke:

If the team's still hit with it for tomorrow, we better root against Cincy so that Lacroix can re-join the team. (Cincy's down 3-0 in their conference finals.) I didn't catch any of the broadcast last night, if you did, did Derek mention who's playing through it?

If the team's still hit with it for tomorrow, we better root against Cincy so that Lacroix can re-join the team. (Cincy's down 3-0 in their conference finals.) I didn't catch any of the broadcast last night, if you did, did Derek mention who's playing through it?

Sorry, no. With the late 10pm start time, I am like the rest of you and cannot cope with staying awake until 1:00am in the morning. I despise these Western road games.

Sorry, no. With the late 10pm start time, I am like the rest of you and cannot cope with staying awake until 1:00am in the morning. I despise these Western road games.

If the Habs didn't play the same night, I'd make a point to catch the 1st period but the way these NHL playoffs have been, I'm either in a state of frustration or euphoria. That, coupled with the fact I have to get the 3 Stars up ASAP to the site, means I miss these games too. Selfishly, I'd like to see the series go to Game 7 for the sole reason that I could listen to the whole game...but if Hamilton has to win in 6, that's okay too. :)

Well, Mondays's game back at the Dog Pound is a guaranteed event.......but it is the game tomorrow on Saturday night that is going to matter. Following this game, one of the teams will be coming into the Dog Pound (on Monday) with a 3-2 lead in the series.

Carrying over a discussion from one of the other series GDT's, Abbotsford's roster increased by two the other day as Bryan Cameron (leading goal getter in the OHL) and TJ Brodie (a good offensive d-man) both signed with the Heat. That brings their number of healthy scratches almost equal to the number of players dressed for each game. That just stings even more given the team's health.