GDT: Buffalo/Montreal

dlbalr

I watch TSN because it's in HD. Can't get RDS in HD.

His bias/distrust of Habs management has pretty much clouded any rational thought on anything. They're just talking heads, I don't read too much into their thoughts, but the harping on Eller yesterday was ridiculous.

Pierre McGuire once said that Tuukka Rask should've been the Finnish WJC team's backup goaltender. Now he thinks he's the best goalie in the NHL, or at least pushing Miller for the top spot.

Huh. :blink: Well, I wasn't paying super-close attention, but based on what I saw last night - presumably not one of Eller's best efforts - he looks ready to me, and I'm surprised to find those guys slagging him.

Just to echo everyone else, McGuire's roots as a Habs fan lead to considerable distortions in his analysis of the team. He's overcompensating. His descent into a cartoonish blowhard is regrettable, because when he first came on the scene years ago I remember being blown away by the quality of his analysis. Either my standards have risen or his have dropped. Likely more the latter.

I agree totally about the Hammer/Subban pair, although I would have them as the 2nd pairing over Gill/Gorges. Hammer has groomed another offensive D before in Phanuef so I think he knows how to treat a young guy.

I watch it on RDS. McGuire is a self promoter who talks so much shit that nobody remembers what he got right and what

he got wrong outside of him telling you what he got right and wrong.

They are a national broadcast, so nobody really tracks what he says because they don't care. If he was trashing Niklas Bergfors

you are not going to pay attention, so if he misses the boat on his analysis you won't remember.

When the Sens acquired Leclaire, McGuire immediately claimed he was the best goaltender in Senators history.

All because he had one huge year playing for Ken Hitchcock? When somebody questioned it he became condescending

towards that individual. Leclaire was BRUTAL last season and the season before. Did anybody call him out on that? Nope.

He offers nothing but hot air and because of his constant screaming I tend to miss when he does say something intelligent.

Doesn't Pierre McGuire just make you sick? I recall Pierre bashing even mocking Tom Pyatt on TSN as well as the Mitch Melnik show with the Team 990. It's very obvious that he sucks up to Ottawa and Toronto I suppose for more popularity or other stupid reasons. He should get a new job writing the daily horoscopes this way he may be hotter and closer with his predictions. :wacko:

Edited by nikohab

Huh. :blink: Well, I wasn't paying super-close attention, but based on what I saw last night - presumably not one of Eller's best efforts - he looks ready to me, and I'm surprised to find those guys slagging him.

Just to echo everyone else, McGuire's roots as a Habs fan lead to considerable distortions in his analysis of the team. He's overcompensating. His descent into a cartoonish blowhard is regrettable, because when he first came on the scene years ago I remember being blown away by the quality of his analysis. Either my standards have risen or his have dropped. Likely more the latter.

It's funny that you mention that, because I found myself wondering the same thing quite recently.