Stafford

Swansee

We lose trotter to get Nokelainen. We add this guy because Stejskal is hurt and we are running low on dman. He's pure throw in to the deal.

This deal wasn't about making Hamilton better, it was about getting a real fourth line or the big club.

I may be alone on this (and evidently giving away part of my commentary destined for tomorrow's article on the trade on the site) but I like the Hamilton part of the move. The defence has been downright awful at times this season, in large part due to the likely planned top-3 to start the season all being elsewhere. (Those players being Woywitka, Diaz, and Nash.) Callahan's a nice depth addition but not the impact D that Stafford is. He can actually help replace a guy like Carle in terms of time on ice and utilization in all facets. The defence may be really, really old by AHL standards but at least it's improved now.

Trotter was a good piece for the offence but getting Palushaj back should offset his loss a bit. Add to that the expected season debuts of Leblanc/Fortier in the near future and the offence should be in decent shape. It'd really help if Willsie could actually start producing a bit though.