2011 Subway Super Series discussion

dlbalr

I forgot to start this the other day but the series is now underway with the QMJHL once again losing both games. The Habs did have representation in both games though, here's how the prospects fared:

Morgan Ellis:

Game 1: 0 points, -2, 2 shots

Game 2: 0 points, -1

Nathan Beaulieu:

Game 1: 0 points, even rating, 3 shots, 2 PIMS

Game 2: 1 assist, +1, 2 shots, scored in the shootout

Michael Bournival would have played in this group of games as well but couldn't due to injury.

The Habs don't have any OHL representation in the series (Tinordi's American so he can't play). Brendan Gallagher will play in Game 5 on November 16th but isn't on the roster for the final contest.

Didn't catch any of the OHL-Russia Game 3 last night but it was odd to say the least with the 'O' coming out on top 10-7. (For a moment, I thought that was the Raiders-Chargers score in the NFL Thursday nighter...) The OHL got 6 goals in the 3rd period to keep their all-time unbeaten streak alive. I have a feeling Game 4 will be a little more defensive minded. For those on the poorly worded, "Fail for Nail" campaign, Nail Yakupov had a pair of helpers in the loss. (I say it's poorly worded as Nail is pronounced a lot differently than the word 'fail'.)

New ISS Rankings comes out....  Grigorenko is the new #1 ahead of Yakupov.  First scouting service to break from the pack.  This will be an interesting debate.

I like both guys. I have a feeling this will be Taylor vs Tyler all over again. Both are excellent picks IMO.

My goodness, anyone see this Dumba kid who plays for Red Deer? It'd have to be a Beaulieu-esque drop off for him to reach the Habs, but if the Habs draft with a BPA mindset, he'd be pretty entertaining to watch.

For anyone wondering, Gallagher had a statline of all 0's across the board last night in the WHL's 5-2 victory. http://www.subwaysuperseries.com/schedule/show/game/61200

Game 6 goes tonight, will the Russians be able to tie it or will Canada avenge last year's series loss with a victory? (And no, Gallagher isn't playing tonight.)