Leblanc called up-Cupboard is bare

miklin

really can't see any light at the end of the tunnel (likely a train) with this latest call up and no help available in Wheeling. Outdoor game-announcement coming tomorrow-may be a hard sell if the roster is not improved through trades or pto's.

I do believe the Habs are experiencing the organizational consequences of trading away picks for a few years in a row during Gainey's final years as GM, as well as drafting NCAA players who take longer to come to the AHL.

Next season is an exciting one for the Bulldogs though, especially on defense.

Part of it is trading away the picks, but for all the picks traded away, other prospects have been acquired ie.... Shultz, Eller, Bournival, Palushaj, in other deals.

The real critical thing is the injuries and the guys who have made the team.

Pacioretty, Eller, Subban, Weber, Diaz, Emelin, White, Palushaj, Engqvist, Leblanc, Desharnais all with the big club now and all have moved up within the last 14 months.

If you don't graduate so many (and the guys who are up full time deserve it for the most part) you'd have a better looking AHL team. But the NHL team obviously does deserve priority

As was said the next wave on Hamilton Defence is on the way next season. But thats not all... Kristo, Gallagher, and Bournival should also be arriving to help out the forward unit.

Its a team in transition. The older group got real good, real fast and graduated. The younger group hasn't arrived yet.

I do believe the Habs are experiencing the organizational consequences of trading away picks for a few years in a row during Gainey's final years as GM, as well as drafting NCAA players who take longer to come to the AHL.

I'm not sure I agree entirely. What they've lacked in mid-to-late draft picks they've made up for in undrafted signings (Masse, Nash, Bishop, Desharnais, Desjardins, and a certain backup goalie whose name will remain unmentioned in recent years). Several of those are still there now, not to mention the guys on minor league deals like DeSimone, Dame-Malka, FitzGerald, and Fast. When everyone is healthy, there are call up options from Wheeling at each position. That's all an organization can ask for, really with the 50-contract limit in play.