Michael Bournival signs 3 year ELC

Commandant

The Kid is good friends with Leblanc, and has always shown a willingness to attend the maximum number of days at Habs development camp as allowed under NCAA rules.

It might be possible for him to opt out, but I really don't see it happening.

The Kid is good friends with Leblanc, and has always shown a willingness to attend the maximum number of days at Habs development camp as allowed under NCAA rules.

It might be possible for him to opt out, but I really don't see it happening.

He will be a UFA unless the habs can sign him by July 1 (Unsure of date). I think it has something to do with having played prep school, instead of going to college right after high school, which gives him the UFA option (like Blake Wheeler).

Usually the incentive for unsigned college players is signing on in time for playoffs. the Playoff option isn't there for Montreal and Hamilton sucks as well. He is a USA kid, so I can see him wanting to stay in the USA. ITs not like he is a big habs fan fullfiling a life long dream.

He will be a UFA unless the habs can sign him by July 1 (Unsure of date). I think it has something to do with having played prep school, instead of going to college right after high school, which gives him the UFA option (like Blake Wheeler).

Usually the incentive for unsigned college players is signing on in time for playoffs. the Playoff option isn't there for Montreal and Hamilton sucks as well. He is a USA kid, so I can see him wanting to stay in the USA. ITs not like he is a big habs fan fullfiling a life long dream.

Well here's the thing..

- He can't make any more money as a UFA than he can with the Habs.

- He would first need to drop out of school before being able to be a UFA, and he wouldn't be a UFA until August.

- The College season ends before the NHL regular season. The habs will have the opportunity to sign him as soon as the college season ends; something no other team will. This gives him one more advantage. If he plays 1 regular season game, he will burn a year of his ELC and become an RFA sooner, eligible for raises he can't get as a UFA.

I realize financially he cant do any better. Like I said earlier - I hope he signs in April.

I'm just worried that with everything that has gone wrong he will choose to go elsewhere. Wheeler did spurn the Yotes for Boston.

The circus and management uncertainty is not going to help matters.

Well here's the thing..

- He can't make any more money as a UFA than he can with the Habs.

- He would first need to drop out of school before being able to be a UFA, and he wouldn't be a UFA until August.

- The College season ends before the NHL regular season. The habs will have the opportunity to sign him as soon as the college season ends; something no other team will. This gives him one more advantage. If he plays 1 regular season game, he will burn a year of his ELC and become an RFA sooner, eligible for raises he can't get as a UFA.