Mikhail Grabovsky

One of Montreal's Belerusian prospect Grabovsky had an amazing game on Monaday, today. He scored 4 goal out of the 5 goals his team scored. Belerus Won a score of 5-0. This is great to hear for us Montreal Canadiens fans. We get to see how our top prospects can preform conpared to the elite of the world. The tournament has been okay for Montreal prospect and hopefully will get better for them as the games pass.

Now, if only Kostitsyn could wake up out there, or at least play alongside Grabovsky. The opposite of many's expectations is occurring here, Grabovsky leads the tournament in goals and points (4-1-5), while Kostitsyn has a grand total of a penalty and one shot on goal in the tourney. Hopefully Grabovsky can keep it up, and Kostitsyn can wake up.

As for saying Hab prospects are doing okay, I'm not too sure.

Marcel Hossa (SVK): scratched both games

Kim Staal (DEN): 1 shot game 1, scratched today

Rene Vydareny (SVK): -3 for the tournament, 0 shots, 0 points

Mark Streit (SUI): 2 shots in his lone game, not too bad for a d-man

Hab players are doing a little better, with Markov having 2 points and Kovalev a goal. Souray's -1 should improve vs the Slovenes.

Keep track of these players with HabsWorld's StatTracker:

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=792

Originally posted by ap79

Markov is playing with #52? A tribute to Craig Rivet? :lol:

Yeah thats right, its Rivet's number... I didnt even realize.

When I heard Markov was using #52 I thought.... "Wow #52 is a stupid number for a hockey player" , now I remember its Rivet's number. lol

Yashin has #79 for Russia. So yeah, maybe #52 is a tribute to Rivet. haha

As I said, Grabovsky = Palffy ... :D

Awesome game yesterday from him, he was the best player on the ice (the same vs. Slovakia). He might be a steal for the HABS, what an awesome offencive player.

BTW. Kim Staal was injured in the first game and is out of the tournament.

Andrei Markov also scored a nice goal during a 5-3 pp ... it was quite a rocket, no chance for Mezin though he saw Markov's shot all the way.

I said that the habs prospect were doing ok because there plus minus rate are not in the minuses except for Rene. We can't judge these players only on the're stats because as we know at time states mean nothing. If there playing smart and playing good defense doesn't that also mean there playing good. So that is why i said ok.:clap:

[Edited on 2005/5/3 by giupietrantonio]

Grabovsky is a bit on the small side.

TSN has him listed at 5' 11" 181lbs [Grabovski as well] and hockeydb.com has him listed at 5' 9" 172 lbs. Quite a gap really. Either way he is at best a long shot to ever see a Canadiens jersey. The habs already have some "small" talented players to play right now [Higgins, Plekanec, Perezhogin, Locke possibly].

It's nice to see him play well at such a high level, but he has better odds of winning the lottery then he does for making the Habs lineup.

That "gap" isn't that surprising because Grabovsky is still a teen and could have gained a couple of inches in the past couple of years, so depending on the date of the source it could show a different height/weight.