Mar. 22, Hamilton vs Syracuse, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

CCV12110903_Crunch_v_Bulldogs.JPG

The Bulldogs (24-31-1-5) will look to keep their ever-so-slim playoff hopes alive (I think they could actually be mathematically eliminated this weekend with all of the head-to-head matchups from teams ahead of them) as they travel to Syracuse to take on the league leading Crunch (38-17-3-5). This will be Dustin Tokarski's first trip back to Syracuse after being traded earlier this year - Cedrick Desjardins is up with Tampa at the moment so he won't be playing. Let's hope Lefebvre realizes this and lets him play instead of Mayer.

Projected Hamilton Lines:

(straight up guesses based on all the roster turnover)

Bournival - Tenute - Belzile
Chaput - Nokelainen - Leblanc

Quailer - Vail - Lefebvre
Hagel - Ouellet - Stortini

Beaulieu - Pateryn
St. Denis - Stejskal

Merth - Ellis

Tokarski

Projected Syracuse Lines:
(based on +/- data from last game)

Sexton - Devos - Wyman

Namestnikov - Angelidis - Connolly

Jacques - Hutchings - Brown

Gauthier - Neilson

Mikkelson - Oberg

Korobov - Cote

Taormina - Barberio

Nightengale

Helenius

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM, Funny820 as always will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

b3c3beef41003b505020c34da664c6cb.222x222

my lord-three anthems-Canadian, God Bless America, & Star Spangled Banner. Cdn was recorded, the other two done by two different kid's choirs. I guess that's one way for marketing to get more bodies in the audience.

About this time in the season, I find the cow bells very grating - anyone else?????

Hamilton Spectator print version has been absolutely mute on the roster changes lately. (their website has the occasional press release issued by the Dogs) Most recent article was on the Vail signing. Coverage seems to go to whatever reporter draws the short straw and probably the best reporter, Scott Radley, now has a radio show on CHML from 9-10pm M-F which means his regular attendance at the rink is over

Hamilton Spectator print version has been absolutely mute on the roster changes lately. (their website has the occasional press release issued by the Dogs) Most recent article was on the Vail signing. Coverage seems to go to whatever reporter draws the short straw and probably the best reporter, Scott Radley, now has a radio show on CHML from 9-10pm M-F which means his regular attendance at the rink is over

To be fair, these signings are very minor with the exception of Vail who at least will be a regular Bulldog in a couple of years. Ouellet and Belzile may not be Bulldogs in a couple of weeks. They'll be rotating guys in and out.

Scoreless in the 3rd period, that's quite the accomplishment. No Patrick Holland tonight, he's DTD.

nice road win and it was cool to see the two goalies hugging post game. Off topic-I've noticed on the Crunch website that they are clearing a bunch of "Pro" jerseys going back to the team's affiliation with Columbus for as little as $40.00. Under the store part of the website, you have to click on all the jersey topics to find them.

Belzile scores to give Hamilton a 1-0 lead! And I was just about to complain about why on earth an ECHL signing is playing on the top line...

Before you cast negative aspirations on the route Belzile took to get here, you may want to know that he finished ahead of Buffalo's Grigorenko, a prospect that had a lot of us drooling over, in scoring last year. I believe if he had been Grigor's size he probably would have been gone in the draft.

Before you cast negative aspirations on the route Belzile took to get here, you may want to know that he finished ahead of Buffalo's Grigorenko, a prospect that had a lot of us drooling over, in scoring last year. I believe if he had been Grigor's size he probably would have been gone in the draft.

One was an overager, the other draft eligible. Of course that's going to be the case. Junior overagers routinely are at or near the top of the league in scoring (Dany Masse was one); the fact that Belzile outscored Grigorenko and many others means very little. He was 20, Grigorenko 17 - that's what is supposed to happen. The fact that he was only able to get an ECHL contract out of that season should say something as well. If Belzile was Grigorenko's size, sure he would have went in the draft (probably well before last year too).

Hey, I like the signing, it made a lot more sense than some of the others they've brought in at times. But there's no way an ECHL 2nd liner should be playing on an AHL front line in his league debut. I'm happy it worked though.

One was an overager, the other draft eligible. Of course that's going to be the case. Junior overagers routinely are at or near the top of the league in scoring (Dany Masse was one); the fact that Belzile outscored Grigorenko and many others means very little. He was 20, Grigorenko 17 - that's what is supposed to happen. The fact that he was only able to get an ECHL contract out of that season should say something as well. If Belzile was Grigorenko's size, sure he would have went in the draft (probably well before last year too).

Hey, I like the signing, it made a lot more sense than some of the others they've brought in at times. But there's no way an ECHL 2nd liner should be playing on an AHL front line in his league debut. I'm happy it worked though.

I will remind everyone that Desharnais took the circulist route through the ECHL, undrafted overager that won a tryout, eventually getting an AHL contract and playing in the ECHL for circa a year. I agree this signing makes more sense than some of the others.