Goodbye Kovalev

Commandant

Neat stuff. And a very fair assessment of the career of l'artiste. I absolutely loved Kovalev, but it's clear that because of his erratic personality he was best positioned as a lethal variety of supplementary player, not the 'go to' guy that Montreal wanted him to be (although he did deliver this in spectacular fashion in 2008). Looking at those clips, what's so impressive is how effortless he made it seem when he was on his game...and this quality is probably what compounded the frustration people had with him.

Unquestionably the most entertaining position player to wear the CH in the period between Stephane Richer and PK Subban, and easily the most talented after Lafleur. You could do lots worse.

He's the guy who got me back into the Habs DEEP...I went from watching one game a week and being content with highlights for the rest, to needing to watch every game. He filled a void the team had for so long, and he was my anti-Koivu, and for that I'll always be greatful to AK27.