Alexander Avtsin released

dlbalr

The Habs have placed Alexander Avtsin on unconditional ($125) waivers. If he clears tomorrow, he will be released. There will be no cap charge just like there wasn't with Alain Berger's release earlier this year. I wonder why they waited until today to do this.

The Habs have placed Alexander Avtsin on unconditional ($125) waivers. If he clears tomorrow, he will be released. There will be no cap charge just like there wasn't with Alain Berger's release earlier this year. I wonder why they waited until today to do this.

No ! Can we at HabsWorld buy his rights? 125$.. could be a good investment. Too much talent and size to let him go. Did he really have his chance in Hamilton?

No ! Can we at HabsWorld buy his rights? 125$.. could be a good investment. Too much talent and size to let him go. Did he really have his chance in Hamilton?

The answer to #1? No, unless you're willing to pay him $65,000 to write for the site. And if you are, can you pay me that instead? :)

The answer to #2? He had three years with the team and played less and less each year. There were rumours of a lack of work ethic and he steadfastly refused to backcheck. How many chances should he get? 3 straight coaching staffs have deemed him worthy of benching, that says more than enough for me.

The answer to #1? No, unless you're willing to pay him $65,000 to write for the site. And if you are, can you pay me that instead? :)

The answer to #2? He had three years with the team and played less and less each year. There were rumours of a lack of work ethic and he steadfastly refused to backcheck. How many chances should he get? 3 straight coaching staffs have deemed him worthy of benching, that says more than enough for me.

Ok, hmm... no lol.

You should have aimed instead at that 125$ that I was hanging in the air ;)

The wording from Renaud Lavoie's report yesterday didn't specify whether or not he previously had been waived but the fact there was no announcement after noon today all but guarantees that Avtsin has cleared. The team didn't announce the formal release of Berger last time so I don't expect them to this time either (Berger was removed from the official site's roster a few days after he cleared, I presume at that time the formal paperwork went through; I expect that to happen here as well).