Should the Habs trade to move up in the draft?

Meller93

Before Diaz got hurt he was on the first PP unit with markov. That's the reason he did what he did. Diaz in my eyes needs to be traded. I'm really not sure what people see in this guy. After I saw him give that suey pass to Eller, then do it again about three more times in that series; that put the icing on the cake for me. Maybe a more biased point of view coming from me, but weber to me is a more quality player than Diaz.

Sorry, Habs Rules, just felt like tearing into Diaz.

and I understand why. He does need a little more maturing but I was truly impressed with his play this year. Last year not so much. The suicide pass thing is a toughie. he making a long pass to center ice and Eller got caught in the crossfire, but the pass was right there. He would have a hard time knowing what the opposition player was going to do when he passed the puck, it is a very fast game. Pacioretty on the other hand was worse in my opinion cause he was 20 feet away from PK. And pk had every right to be a little choked. Don't get sucked in by The Walrus (paul) protecting his player by blaming the victim. That pass to Eller was a guaranteed scoring op.

Diaz actually can handle himself in his own end. At the end of the year he was looking better then Georges, Markov, Bouillion (mainly because they were awful.)

I love Markov, hes an incredibly valuable asset.

When healthy he is one of the best 15 offensive de men in the league and one of the best 20 over all.

That said his value will probably never be higher than this summer and he might not have many years left.

Basically I will be fine either way, if they move him MB must believe his shelf life is limited and his health remains to large a concern.

If they keep him and re up him for another year or two MB must believe the Habs are as close as you say they are either that or the value in return is too low.

This is pretty much how I feel. Like Cucumber said, if we get rid of him we're creating a big hole on our back line and powerplay. Either way it's a gamble on how much time he has left in his much-repaired body. The thing that worried me was how poorly he performed down the stretch and into the playoffs, and that he's never been very good in the post-season. I don't know if he'll ever be a major part of a Cup-contending team. If he has another productive year, do we take another gamble on giving him 5+ million for another few years, with his advancing age and injury track record? Now is the only time that he'll give a decent return in a trade. The thing is, you'd probably have to trade him for prospects and picks, because any team that would want him would be making a short term push.

Moving up in the draft would be a very good idea, trade Markov or some 2nds for another first and lets hit a home run. I'm tired of edmonton getting all the good young talent. Hey maybe the 7th overall would be good, and it may be available. MB are you listening?