Nov. 10, Utica vs Bulldogs, 3 PM

dlbalr

Hamilton-Bulldogs-Utica-Comets.jpg

Hamilton (5-4-3) will be looking to rebound from Friday's debacle as they host the worst team in the AHL, the Utica Comets (1-8-2), affiliate of Vancouver.

Projected Utica Lines:
(based on +/- data from last game)

Booth - Ferriero - Grenier

Stuart - Hamill - Jensen

De Fazio - Mallet - Lain

Marshall - Irwin - Wilson

Corrado - Huskins

Biega - Andersson

Mullen - Tommernes

Eriksson

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Andrighetto - St. Pierre - Leblanc

Nystrom - Macenauer - Blunden

Nystrom - Duffy - Aliu

Courtnall - Nattinen - Fournier

Tinordi - Nygren

Beaulieu - Chouinard

Schiestel - Ellis

Tokarski

Puck drop is at 3:00 PM, AM900 will have the play-by-play following the Alouettes-Ti-Cats game; click the banner below to listen.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

Well that is no good, over confident or something?

2nd d-pairing sucked on paper, Beaulieu was -3 but Tinordi was a +1.

And Torkarski was a star, so he kept it close I guess and Bulldogs were outplayed.

NIce to see the Swiss kid (cant spell his name yet) score yet again and 10 points in first 13 games as a rookie is very good.

Thomas would be a boost for this team.

Leblanc was shut down or had off game?

First Utica goal went in off Leblanc's skate (in slow motion!). It just seems we've got into this horrible pattern of outshooting the opposition badly in the first period with no results, and then go into the usual funk in the second. Beaulieu was trying to be a one man band with no success. Tinordi still not living up to his press clippings. Honestly didn't know Pateryn and Dumont got called up until I got home and turned on Facebook. Blunden and Nats need to practice shooting at the broad side of a barn as they are missing it when the opportunity arises. Nice to see Duffy back playing....

Breaking out the earplugs for the Wed morning Kid's game. Post game show made it sound like no tickets are for sale for this game. They have us STH's herded in section 108

First Utica goal went in off Leblanc's skate (in slow motion!). It just seems we've got into this horrible pattern of outshooting the opposition badly in the first period with no results, and then go into the usual funk in the second. Beaulieu was trying to be a one man band with no success. Tinordi still not living up to his press clippings. Honestly didn't know Pateryn and Dumont got called up until I got home and turned on Facebook. Blunden and Nats need to practice shooting at the broad side of a barn as they are missing it when the opportunity arises. Nice to see Duffy back playing....

Breaking out the earplugs for the Wed morning Kid's game. Post game show made it sound like no tickets are for sale for this game. They have us STH's herded in section 108

What is your take on Andrighetto? Is he a smallish, good skating, skilled winger?

Guess I should have Brian (checked this site re the call up) but I can't be on this darn thing constantly-lol (that's what my wife says). Trizzak-my wife agrees with you 100%. Don-Sven is "Joe Hustle" for sure and I am impressed. Small, but If he can put on a bit on weight before next season, the sky is the limit.

It wasn't all bad today. Won a Hortons $130.00 coffee maker. Crowd was poor again with the Tiger Cats playing up Hwy 6 in Guelph. Auctioned some of the special jerseys off from last game and many went for the minimum $200.00 reserve (maybe they should have waited until a game with a larger crowd for the silent auction)-of course, they are butt ugly and the team never does well wearing specials jerseys-lost 8-0 last time they had a remembrance day jersey during a previous season.

Breezebye was at the game again and saw Randy Cunnysworth scouting for Buffalo :wavetowel:

ps-wore my Thinel Quebec Citadelles jersey-amazing how many folks ask what team it is (including Dogs staff-so much for knowing team history)

one of our posters was remarking about how he liked Montreal bring the kids up, getting them acclimated to the big show, and rewarding them for their Bulldog's efforts. On the negative side of that, seems that the players playing the best seem to disappear right before a Bulldog game. I am wondering if the Canadiens could implement a little better timing, especially when the kid end up sitting in the press box in Montreal. I would also suggest that the travel back and forth especially on game day, doesn't help anyone's performance.

Fire Levebvre?

I think it was warranted last year. Bergevin really likes him though so I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon.

I am wondering if the Canadiens could implement a little better timing, especially when the kid end up sitting in the press box in Montreal. I would also suggest that the travel back and forth especially on game day, doesn't help anyone's performance.

There isn't a ton of game-day travel, especially on the recall side. These promotions at 5:30 are exactly timed like that for a reason, to allow the player to get into Montreal (or wherever they're playing) late that day and not on game day itself. When you're playing the 'yo-yo' game with a player, it's hard to get ideal timing for recalls/demotions, I'd say the Habs have done a decent job of making it work for the most part.