Dec. 6/8, Bulldogs vs Lake Erie

dlbalr

1130recap.jpg

These guys again? Yep, for the fourth time in nine games, the Bulldogs (10-9-3) take on Lake Erie (11-9-1) in a North Division battle. (And they'll see each other on Sunday as well, who do they think they are, the Marlies?)

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Blunden - Dumont - Nattinen

Holland - St. Pierre - Thomas
Tarnasky - Macenauer - Leblanc
Owens - Duffy - MacAulay

Tinordi - Pateryn
Beaulieu - Ellis
Schiestel - Dietz

Tokarski

Projected Lake Erie Lines:
(based on +/- data from last game)

van der Gulik - Olver - Wyman

Lerg - Smith - Agozzino

Carey - Hishon - Meurs

Desbiens - Heard - Desjardins

Elliott - Beaupre

Hunwick - Tam

Maggio - Lauridsen

Aittokallio

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM, AM900 will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

I'd prefer to see:

Holland - St. Pierre - Leblanc/Thomas
Blunden - Dumont - Thomas/Leblanc
Tarnasky - Macenaur - Nattinen
Instead. Am I wrong there? I probably haven't watched enough Bulldogs.

I like the front line as presently constructed. Holland and St. Pierre are passers, they need a finisher on that line. Thomas is more of a finisher than Leblanc. I'd have Leblanc on the 2nd though, that would be a decent checking role and better for Leblanc's development than playing with a goon that won't fight and a depth AHL'er. That said, I won't complain much as I'm happy that Nattinen is actually off the fourth line for seemingly the first time under Lefebvre. It's about time that happened.

3rd or 4th straight game with a fight for Tinordi and some big hits.

Torharski playing well, would he be a credible NHL back-up if Price/Budaj ever was hurt?

And when Dietz got run, all his linemates stood up for him, so some positive stuff I guess

Torharski playing well, would he be a credible NHL back-up if Price/Budaj ever was hurt?

Short term, I think he could be. You and I both know that he won't get the chance though, it will be Mayer who gets the callup if one of them goes down.

Macenauer snapped the shutout late but it wasn't enough as Hamilton lost 4-1.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1011428

the record of losses when Dave Lewis officiates continues..................................hope he gets a lump of coal in his stocking :angry2:

final Cleveland goal came with one of our D getting tripped (would have been a call earlier in the game). Hanson's 4 minute spearing call on Blunden is right up there with the 4 minute butt ending call he gave Nick T yesterday in Toronto. Odd to say the least. Blunden's penalty came out of frustration-getting chopped down in front of the net with no calls will tend to test one's patience. Dogs were impressive considering Cleveland didn't play Saturday and spent the night in Hamilton.

Still wondering why we are seeing so many games referried by one official. To his credit, I believe linesman Jesse Wilmot (who is going to Sochi!) mentioned to Hanson re Monster's goalie Pickard shooting the puck down the ice into an empty Hamilton net during a break which ended up with Calvin getting an unsportsmanlike call. Hanson was at the timekeeper reporting a really lame tripping call he gave Naatinen on an icing. Yoonas was ahead of the player he supposedly tripped. Yikes