Look on the Bright Side

Every time the other team scores, someone blew a coverage at various degrees.

Tampa scored what, 15 goals ?

And yes, the easy dump blunder was ugly. But so was Markov who stopped playing with 3 seconds to go...

Hockey is still a team sports.

Yeah, but Markov had an absolutely wretched playoff too!

As you may have gathered, I have huge respect for Pleks, but that shouldn't exempt him from valid criticism. Big picture? He's been a stalwart for us, one of the core Habs of his generation. Last playoff? Not up to his usual standard.

• Upvote 1

He's our Patrice Bergeron. Bergeron makes $6.8M, Plekanec makes $5M.

Plekanec Career: 499 points in 761 games

Bergeron Career: 550 points in 740 games

Plek had a better season in 14-15 than Bergeron on close to every statistic but he never gets the credit for it. Not saying he's an identical player. Bergeron is a bit better defensively, one of the best faceoff men in the league and has had more success in the playoffs. But that's why Bergeron makes $1.8M more than Plekanec.

People who want to shove him to the third line I'll never understand. 2013-2014 was a bad season for him offensively and he was still Top 50 for centers scoring. This season he outscored Bergeron, Duchene, Hopkins, Backes, O'Reilly, Staal, Koivu and Filppula at center and nobody would ever claim those guys should play on the third line. Just Plekanec. It's absurd.

Fun Fact: Plekanec was tied for 13th among all centers for goal scoring.

Career stats ? Then where are the play offs numbers? No show.......how fitting.

Bergeron GP 95 G 23 A 43 PT 66 GW 5 PP 4 SH 2 +30

Plekanic GP 81 G 15 A 31 PT 46 GW 2 PP 3 SH 1 -18

30/31, your points on Plekanec are more than well-known. Please stop using them every time someone says the slightest positive thing about Plekanec. You don't like him - it doesn't mean you have to try to make everyone else despise him by repeating the same negative things over and over and over. Let's not derail another thread.

• Upvote 1

30/31, your points on Plekanec are more than well-known. Please stop using them every time someone says the slightest positive thing about Plekanec. You don't like him - it doesn't mean you have to try to make everyone else despise him by repeating the same negative things over and over and over. Let's not derail another thread.

OK. My bad for adding play off stats to the "career stats" post.

Wont happen again.

OK. My bad for adding play off stats to the "career stats" post.

Wont happen again.

I like how you missed the point there. You jump at every single possible opportunity to bash Plekanec. If he's not even being discussed, you quite often bring him up and then bash him. That's what the comment was about, not adding a stat line.

I like how you missed the point there. You jump at every single possible opportunity to bash Plekanec. If he's not even being discussed, you quite often bring him up and then bash him. That's what the comment was about, not adding a stat line.

I hear you........... but honestly "even if hes not even being discussed" well with all due respect. Caution me when that is the case then. On this particular occasion number 14's stats were listed loud and clear. One would consider that "being discussed"

Off topic question? Does that go for Eller too? Only ask because the same two dudes bash larry non stop on this forum. Just saying.

See ya all in October. :thumbs_up:

I hear you........... but honestly "even if hes not even being discussed" well with all due respect. Caution me when that is the case then. On this particular occasion number 14's stats were listed loud and clear. One would consider that "being discussed"

Off topic question? Does that go for Eller too? Only ask because the same two dudes bash larry non stop on this forum. Just saying.

See ya all in October. :thumbs_up:

Take this post as an example: http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?showtopic=25108&view=findpost&p=535539

The post you're quoting makes no mention of Plekanec. Yet your response wastes no time getting him into the discussion in a negative light.

As for the post in this thread, I have a suspicion that had his playoff stats been more comparable, you'd have avoided mentioning them. You're quick to mention the negative but seldom post about the positives. There are those that criticize Eller and other players too. I would suggest that their criticism falls well short of the level that you have of Plekanec though.

I'm surprised you're still asking for clarification so I'll try phrasing this yet another way:

- If it's a point/comment you've made clear several times already, it probably doesn't need to be repeated.

- If you're unsure about something perhaps crossing the line, ere on the side of caution.

So as to not continue to drag this off topic, please feel free to send me a PM if you have any further questions/comments about this.