Dec. 30, IceCaps vs Americans, 7 PM

dlbalr

The IceCaps (15-8-5-2) play their second last game of 2015 tonight as they travel to Rochester to take on the Americans (10-17-2-0). Tim Bozon and Dalton Thrower are both available for this one as they were recalled from Brampton yesterday while Dustin Tokarski will be in uniform. Whether he plays or not though remains to be seen.

15stj_500.gif

Lessio - Hudon - Holloway
Bournival - McCarron - Dumont
MacMillan - de la Rose - Fournier
McNally - Eisenschmid - Gregoire

Bennett - Dietz

Ellis - Didier

Hanley - Lernout

Tokarski

14rch_500.gif

(Based on previous +/- data.)

Carrier - Varone - Baptiste

Dupuy - Schaller - Akeson

Rodrigues - O'Reilly - Bailey

Ellis - Jacobs - Garbowski

Robak - Sanguinetti

Ruhwedel - Austin

Donovan - Leduc

Makarov

Puck drop is at 7:05 PM EST, AM 930 has the call.

I like the 10-17-2 part, maybe this depleted lineup can squeak out a win?

Rochester has beat them three straight games. And, up front, they're not all that depleted any more with just Carr/Andrighetto missing (and one of them will be sent back in the next few days). When you consider Bournival wasn't there to start the season, this is pretty close to a full complement of offence compared to October.

How has Lessio been?

Not bad so far. He has been on the front line LW each game and has a single point in each one. His speed has really caught the eye of the PBP guy.

McNally smoked everyones favourite player Patrick Kaleta with clean hit, sent him over the boards and one Jack Nevins steps in to defend his teammate.

Didier with sweet set up Lessio for breakaway but fumbled puck.

Hudon right after with nice move on goalie and scoring chance but couldn't tuck it home.

OK a 5-on 3 for 0:36 upcoming for IceCaps 3:53 left in 2nd.

Hudon back on bench :thumbs_up:

Hudon rips wrister top corner for 5-on-3 PPG and 2-2 game. :clap:

(from Lessio-Holloway)

Bennett with 2 minor penalties and I think he had 2 last game as well (doubt he will be a Hab prospect much longer past this year).

McCarron may be out of game, didn't hear what happened to him but sounds like he was injured.

Bennett with 2 minor penalties and I think he had 2 last game as well (doubt he will be a Hab prospect much longer past this year).

McCarron may be out of game, didn't hear what happened to him but sounds like he was injured.

Bennett's not helping his cause to say the least. I honestly thought he'd be a lot better than this.

McCarron took a puck to the face from a Holloway shot and didn't return. I suspect he's questionable for tonight.

Bennett is supposed to be such a strong skater and seems a smart kid; but maybe it is the physical part of game or something will weed him out?

Thrower I think is in a similar boat and is another who may not ever be a legit call-up option, but is a bit younger I suppose.

Lernout, Dietz, Didier and even Ellis must all be ahead of those two and add in Juulsen and the 8 d-men currently on Habs of course.

Thrower is looking like another write-off at this point. Even when they send him down to play in Brampton, he's usually a third pairing guy down there. He's nearly halfway through his ELC now and being a lower-level ECHL blueliner at this stage is scary.

Bennett is a strong skater and has a few of the elements that work more in this day and age but something isn't clicking for him. Maybe it's the physicality but I wonder if he's just struggling with the pace. And if that's the case, he'd be in for a rough wake-up call if he ever did make the NHL, something that's looking less and less likely.

Didier really seems to be on Lefebvre's good side now as he has been on that second pairing for quite a while after starting the season as a reserve. If that keeps up for the rest of the year, I wonder if the Habs will then give him his ELC? (He's on an AHL deal right now and is an NHL UFA.)

Thrower is looking like another write-off at this point. Even when they send him down to play in Brampton, he's usually a third pairing guy down there. He's nearly halfway through his ELC now and being a lower-level ECHL blueliner at this stage is scary.

Bennett is a strong skater and has a few of the elements that work more in this day and age but something isn't clicking for him. Maybe it's the physicality but I wonder if he's just struggling with the pace. And if that's the case, he'd be in for a rough wake-up call if he ever did make the NHL, something that's looking less and less likely.

Didier really seems to be on Lefebvre's good side now as he has been on that second pairing for quite a while after starting the season as a reserve. If that keeps up for the rest of the year, I wonder if the Habs will then give him his ELC? (He's on an AHL deal right now and is an NHL UFA.)

What happened to Thrower? He was a second round pick.

What happened to Thrower? He was a second round pick.

Injuries really haven't helped. He was sent back for his OA season in the WHL, played really well, and broke his ankle. Last year, he was healthy for training camp but got hurt again and missed the first half of the year. He then saw sparing minutes with Brampton (an unaffiliated ECHL team as the Habs didn't bother sending Thrower to their own ECHL team) and did next to nothing. Now, he's the #8 guy on St. John's depth chart, soon to be #9 when Johnston returns.