Lafleur comments about Subban

DON

He got off of an Accessory on a technicality.

He got off of Perjury on a technicality.

This just in: Famous people sometimes get away with crimes they commit and don't always get convicted.

Says the guy who has said far worse... and gone on far longer... about therrien, a man who has never been in any type of off-ice issue.

Sure, but I'm the one with issues, cause i don't worship at the feet of lafleur.

I do not know what Le Genius has to do with this, my opinion of his coaching is just that,my opinion. So Guy get's himself a good lawyer, beats the case against him, and somehow this makes him a POS? It seems to me that if the Supreme Court said he was not guilty I would go with that. Of course you probably think that the Court is crooked.

And OJ spent zero time in jail for killing two people (we all know he did it, but he didn't get convicted).

Not saying what lafleur did is the same as OJ, just saying sometimes famous people get off even when all the evidence is against them.

But he admitted to driving his son to that hotel, he admitted to helping his son break curfew.

That he got his conviction overturned on a technicality, doesn't change the fact he still committed those acts. As I've said he admitted to it.

I do not know what Le Genius has to do with this, my opinion of his coaching is just that,my opinion. So Guy get's himself a good lawyer, beats the case against him, and somehow this makes him a POS? It seems to me that if the Supreme Court said he was not guilty I would go with that. Of course you probably think that the Court is crooked.

I don't think the court is crooked.. i think the police and prosecutor did a shitty job.

Being convicted or not doesn't change the fact he did it. And doesn't change the fact that anyone who would aid a person (even their son) in breaking a restraining order to meet up with someone who was accusing him of sexual assault is a POS.

That's my opinion whether you like it or not.

===============

As for what therrien has to do with this... when you make attacks on me saying i have a lot of hatred and should seek help with that, well i think you need to look in the mirror.

Guest Stogey24

Didn't Lafleur almost get decapitated after he crashed his car into a pole. He was Hammied then too. The guy is far from a saint.

Don is right though. Drinking and driving was a weekend routine back then.

Didn't Lafleur almost get decapitated after he crashed his car into a pole. He was Hammied then too. The guy is far from a saint.

Don is right though. Drinking and driving was a weekend routine back then.

It's also ruined far too many lives. I'm not surprised that many have strong opinions on the matter, regardless when it occurred and how permissible it may have been at the time.

Just to be clear on a few things

Fact

- Mark Lafleur was 22 at the time he was driven to the Hotel.

- The girl he was meeting up with was 16 at the time, and he was accused of sexually assaulting her when she was 14 (he would have been 20 at the time)

At the time Mark was also charged with 21 other charges that included uttering death threats, another sexual assault of a different girl (a 17-year-old). Mark Lafleur was also accused of kidnapping, forcible confinement, mischief, theft, possession of crack cocaine, ecstasy and marijuana, threatening to kill a Montreal bus driver, dangerous driving causing bodily harm and damaging a bus.

Guy Lafleur admitted to driving him to the hotel and said under oath.

"He respected (the curfew) except for twice, when he asked if he could go to a hotel," Guy Lafleur said in court. "I thought that at 22 he had a right to some intimacy."