Draft pick official

Habsrocket

I don't know what you guys have against European players ... :P

Kopitar is a great prospect .... what I've seen from him so far was awesome. He has great skills, his play at the WC really impressed me. I'd take him in a moment but that's just my 2 cents. *fg*

Anyways, Johnson would be also awesome to get but I doubt he'll be still available.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plekanac isn't even worth a 5th rounder, a small European with some skill who can't crack the NHL in 3 seasons. Be lucky to get a 7th round pick for him

And nobody is going to pry Crosby out of Pittsburgh. Mario saved the team in '85 and now Crosby is going to be looked upon to save the team in '05...kinda fitting.

For Montreal to pry him outta Pittsburgh would destroy the Montreal Franchise. Were talking 2 to 3 established players, 2 prospects, plus draft picks...NOT worth it.

Wait till he's 25 and a free agent. Then sign him as a free agent

Originally posted by kaos

Plekanac isn't even worth a 5th rounder, a small European with some skill who can't crack the NHL in 3 seasons. Be lucky to get a 7th round pick for him

And nobody is going to pry Crosby out of Pittsburgh. Mario saved the team in '85 and now Crosby is going to be looked upon to save the team in '05...kinda fitting.

For Montreal to pry him outta Pittsburgh would destroy the Montreal Franchise. Were talking 2 to 3 established players, 2 prospects, plus draft picks...NOT worth it.

Wait till he's 25 and a free agent. Then sign him as a free agent

LOL well I dont think its fair to say that Plekanec hasnt been able to crack the habs lineup in 3 years, its more like 2... Did you forget about the lockout? the one that wiped out an entire season? Plekanec didnt have a chance to make the team last year, cause there wasnt a team to make. I never knew Plekanec was so under-rated by some people.... hmmm

Originally posted by puck7x

LOL well I dont think its fair to say that Plekanec hasnt been able to crack the habs lineup in 3 years, its more like 2... Did you forget about the lockout? the one that wiped out an entire season? Plekanec didnt have a chance to make the team last year, cause there wasnt a team to make. I never knew Plekanec was so under-rated by some people.... hmmm

yup, I can be guilty of thinking he has no place with the habs and such, but come on!!! he's worth more than Éric Chouinard, way more in fact... and Chouinard lucky landed us a 2nd rounder... So he's a quality throw in... I don't dislike him, in fact, I would surely love him... if he was our only prospect... My priority order is Higgins, Perez, Hossa (last chance), Kost (he would be 1st in the priority list if he was ready), then... down there, Plekanec...

Wow, if I got that nervous in the top 10, imagine how Leaf fans felt? Gigidy, gigidy.

This is totally awesome. The ghosts have done it again.

The Habs could get yet another blue-chip prospect.

Rumour has it that Carolina is looking to move down cuz they want Staal. Well, Bobo should jump right in their and get the #3. Either Benoit Pouliot or Gilbert Brule would be perfect.

Of course, I'd rather have Crosby, or Johnson, but that won't happen. Bobo won't sell the farm when Crosby will just sign here in 7 years anyway/.

He might try... :P

I have a feeling Gainey will look to trade up a bit to ensure we get the guy we really want. I still think there's a shot we can trade up and land Johnson... well that's what I'm hoping for anywayz.

Another rip-off. This one comes from Hockeytraderumors.com.

This one says: "Inside information from the Vancouver Giants' front office say that, after Sidney Crosby is taken in the draft, it might not be any of the next three top players taken at #2. Not Jack Johnson, not Benoit Pouliot, not Bobby Ryan.

No, Gilbert Brule may be taken at #2 by the Anaheim Mighty Ducks.

Scott Bonner, the GM of the Giants, has noticed that Brian Burke has been in his building a lot this season, and he has been saying since the lottery that his star might soon be a Duck.

Bonner thinks that Brule will compliment forwards like Joffrey Lupul and Petr Sykora well, if he is taken in the second position.

Brule stole the show at this year's CHL Top Prospects game, netting a hat trick. He combined 39 goals and 48 assists in 70 games for 87 points for Vancouver. He is a small man at only 5'10 and 175 lbs, but competes like a big man, enjoying to hit as much as to score.

Will this man be chosen 2nd? Or will it be Johnson, Pouliot, Ryan, or someone else? We shall see."

Personally, and I know that this is likely technicolour dreams, I hope that he's right and that Montreal will wrangle their way into getting Johnson. As stated above, "We shall see."

Originally posted by beckham

He won't bring more than a 3rd round pick. I agree with the poster who said that Crosby and Johnson were the only two prizes.

Um, I thought you were the one that said that.

And I know what I said about trading for Crosby, that no matter who we send Pitt loses, but still I of course expect BG to try. He would be a terrible GM if he didn't at least give it a shot.