New NHL logo

bombTHEice

nhl_logo_new.jpg

League unveils new logo

The switch from orange to silver pays homage to the game's most cherished trophy, the sterling silver Stanley Cup.

NEW YORK -- The National Hockey League introduced an updated shield logo today in conjunction with the ratification of a new collective bargaining agreement.

The invigorated mark uses upward-reading letters to project a vibrant, optimistic image, yet defers to tradition by maintaining the time-honored shape of the original shield. The new logo's dominant color is silver, in homage to the most cherished trophy in sports, the sterling silver Stanley Cup.

The new NHL Shield, which was created by NHL Design Director Paul Conway, is part of a comprehensive brand identity initiative launched in 2004 by the NHL with SME, a leader in branding and design.

[Edited on 23-7-05 by HABS Fan Nr.1]

i love the silver addition, and they're keeping the shiled the same, which is great.

but i hate the font. it's too much on an angle.

anyone else agree? or other thoughts?

I think they should have found a way to put in the colours red, white and blue. :hlogo:

The silver should be all white, the background behind the NHL and in between the two outside crest outlines should be red and the background inside the inner crest outline should be blue.

If this logo was to be put on dark jerseys/T-shirts, etc, then a blue 'shadow' would go around the outside crest outline. This would be maintain the integrity of the crest itself.

That would give it a traditional, dynastic flavour along with the real forward-looking outlook of 25, 26, 27, 28, 29... (Eat your hearts out, :devil: damned Yankees)

Yesssssssssssssssss..... :clap: :/)

[Edited on 2005/7/24 by shortcat1]

Originally posted by Doktor Kosmos

spspblnhlwht2x2.gif

In the old logo, the letters "sloped" (if you know what I mean) the other way.

I knew something besides the color and font looked different, but hadn't taken the time to figure it out.