Trying to piece it together

Based on what BG has said so far and the available players we have, I'm trying to fugure out what our lines might be.

Gainey said he is looking for one forward and one defenceman.

Available forwards:

Koivu, Bonk, Zednick, Dags, Ribs, Sundstrom, Begin, Bulis, Hossa, Ward, Perezhogin, UFA/Kovalev, Ryder

Available Defencemen:

Souray, Komisarek, Rivet, Boullion, Markov, UFA/Brisebois

I feel like I'm missing someone.....

If that is it, how does this fit?

UFA/Kovalev - Koivu - Zednik

Dags - Ribs - Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Perezhogin

Sundstrom - Begin - Ward

BG has expressed his desire to bring 3 young guys up from Hamilton. There doesn't seem to be room for them all.

Something has to give here. I wouldn't doubt if Hossa gets traded.

What do you think?

Good job :/)

UFA/Kovalev - Koivu - Zednik

HIGGINS - Ribs - Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Perezhogin

Sundstrom - Begin - Ward

comments : Kovalev is the most likely UFA to be signed, he has proven that he clicks well with Koivu and Zednik and that is priceless for a GM... the certainty that a player fits with the team... Signing whoever else brings about the RISK of the player not clicking, like anson carter in LA, Kovalev in NY, Jagr wherever else than with the pens, Turgeon in Dallas, Savage wherever else than with the habs....

Higgins on the second line brings some grit and two way game to the two young star, which is exactly what they need... putting a flashy non physical winger like Perez would only hurt them.

Perez on the third could be awesome, he'd continue to develop his two way game and will be backed by Bulis and Bonk who are really steady and can provide offense at will... Don't forget that Bonk is at least a 2nd line center, it's a luxury to have him playing on the 3rd... and with the newly discovered offensive talent of Bulis, we might very well have 3 offensive lines!!! :D

Dags is not needed nor wanted...

I'd try to switch Sunny for an Enforcer, but meanwhile, that 4th line is very good defensively and can provide its share of offense too... up to 10 goals a piece !!

DEF

Souray - Komi

Markov - Rivet

comments: that's all we're left with...

we have Hainey and Bouillon fighting for a spot... so we're in the mkt for a RD... If I had a million $ to bet, I'd bet it on a RD :D I think Aucoin is the most fitting budgetwise and teamwise... But Foote is a real possibility although he might be really expensive and is getting old

So the new lineup would be IMO

Markov - UFA

Souray - Komi

Hainsey/Bouillon - Rivet

[Edited on 2005/7/27 by alexstream]

Originally posted by Prime Minister Koivu

I like the Higgins Idea, that line does need someone who can check.

You think Hossa is a gonner? He can't spend his life in Hamilton.

I think our third line is better than our second line! That is exciting. We are buiding some real depth into our team.

:hlogo:

Actually I forgot about Hossa... :o means a lot... Wake up hossa :D

depending on how he plays at training camp

a) trade him

B) play him in the press box

c) play him at Sunny's spot

d) play him at Higgins spot and sends higgins or perez down if we can without losing them on waivers.

Plek too has to be with the team (like hossa) cause he can't be sent down without having to clear waivers first... it smells draft day trades...

WE NEED MORE TOUGHNESS!

those lines look okay, but we dont have enough grit.

this UFA defenceman that is going to be supposedly signed better be a big strong tough defenceman.

i like Hamrlik, or Aucoin...

Originally posted by habsfan88

WE NEED MORE TOUGHNESS!

those lines look okay, but we dont have enough grit.

this UFA defenceman that is going to be supposedly signed better be a big strong tough defenceman.

i like Hamrlik, or Aucoin...

When I think of tough strong D-man I do NOT think of A.Aucoin, lol. He's very over-rated imo... Doesnt anyone remember what he played like before he went to the Islanders? Cause I do... and it wasnt always pretty.

You forgot one important name... Adam Foote.

Taking into account that BG once said that he would like Bonk to get more ice time than the one he would get if centering the third line, I think Bonk will end up winger on the first line.

If combined with Koivu and Kovalev, it makes for very good combination of speed, strenght, skills, two-way play and great play-making ability from all of them.

Bonk, Koivu, Kovalev

The second line might not provide the same level of two-way play but the fire power of Ryder, offensive creativity of Ribeiro and speed of Zednick would not go un-noticed on the scoring board and for the fans as well.

Ryder, Ribeiro, Zednick

With excellent two-way play of Bonk and Koivu on the first line, no need for think of the third line as a checking line loging to much ice time playing against the rival's top first line.

Place for the youngs with resonnable two-way play ability.

Bulis, Higgins, Perezhogin

Sundstrom, Begin, Ward

The last two line will provide enought players fo killing penaltys.

Ideally, a more physical equivalant than Sundstom could be in the line up.

One reserviste should be a strong man a la Langdon.

As defence, a new comer should be on its way and Hainsey should be reserviste and alternate with Bouillon appropriatly.

Derian Hatcher??

There's a Dallas Connection with Gainey...I don't know much about his recuperation from his knee injury though..he wasn't on the U.S roster for the World Cup, was he???

Maybe him for 2 years - 2.5M/per and Zubov for 1 year at 2M, then trade Rivet for a forward, perhaps Daze??

probably have to throw in Plekanek for Daze, but he's got size hands, perenenail 20+ goal scorer, if only he can cure his back.

Plekanek and Hossa either play for the team or hit the waiver market. That sucks.

We have put alot of time into these guys and they may be gone for nothing.

One or both have to be part of a trade.

That's what I mean by starting this thread. There has to be something coming because it doesn't make sense the way it is.

Originally posted by habsfan88

Puck7x

You forgot one important name... Adam Foote.

That is true...but I thought i read a tsn article stating that he and sakic would return to colorado.

Your thinking of Rob Blake. And Blake/Sakic's return makes it less likely that they can afford to keep Foote (especially if they want to re-sign Forsberg)

Your thinking of Rob Blake. And Blake/Sakic's return makes it less likely that they can afford to keep Foote (especially if they want to re-sign Forsberg)

Your right...My bad...I always get those 2 mixed up.