Mark Streit

By-Tor

I thought we should find out more about what the Montreal Gazette called Gainey's "Swiss secret" aka Mark Streit. I have posted below a poorly translated message from somone in Switzerland on Streit. I suggest we try and find out all we can about him a post it here for all to see and discus how he fits into the mix for habs. Here goes...

"I live in Switzerland and I know this player very well.

Let to me say to you that Streit is as good as gold bars especially at the price that they got him!!!

Certainly one of best the quality-price ratio of your team!!!

He was the defender par excellence of our championship .

Equipped with an incredible vision of play its first master key is as invaluable as its many goals in special situations. Indeed, it is the kind of player who, once at the line blue, it is not better not let draw because its throw is frightening of precision!!!

Its stats proves it, CH must use Streit as it should be. To let make bench in special situation a serious error srait!!

Brisebois came this winter to make ten meetings in our championship eh well let to me say to you that compared with Streit that is not worth anything!!!

Here thus a super transfer for your TEAM and I predict to you 40 points without problem for this player if it is used correctly.

Brisebois

Brisebois's stats in Swiss A

2004-05 Kloten SwissA 10games 3g 1a 4pts 2 PIMs

Streit's stats in Swiss A

2004-05 Zurich SwissA 44games 14g 29a 43pts 46 PIMs

If you let me chose between the two, I'd take Streit at 450k instead of Briser who was scheduled to earn 4.5M (that's crazy... no roll back and if habs took team option... the jerk earning 4.5M!!!! damn!!!)

Originally posted by HABS Fan Nr.1

Breezer had back problems and so he had to return home, he never was 100% when playing in Suisse.

But, yea Streit is a good pick up ... :/)

LMAO good excuse... Briser always has back problems that's why he never was 100%

Heh, 100% of Brisebois is a whole lot of nothing. To put it another way, you either get 100% of his offence which is good, but 200% of his giveaways or inability to tie up an opposing forward which lead to goals against . That's the "bad" version of Breezy. The "good" one had him "concentrating" on defence only, partially through being assigned to the #5/6 pairing where he didn't always have to face the top 2 lines. Unfortunately the "good" Brisebois scored very few points, and obviously didn't warrant the top salary he was facing for the Habs before he was bought out. At least with the Habs trying out Streit and/or Hainsey, these players will make mistakes but they have the chance to learn and correct them, unlike Brisebois, who made the same mistakes he made as a rookie, year after year.

Originally posted by alexstream
Originally posted by HABS Fan Nr.1

Breezer had back problems and so he had to return home, he never was 100% when playing in Suisse.

But, yea Streit is a good pick up ... :/)

LMAO good excuse... Briser always has back problems that's why he never was 100%