Carolina Beats Baby Habs 5-2

Habless in Nashville

Can you imagine Latendresse on a line with Begin and ...lets say Vandemeer.

OMG...what a 4rth line to charge up the crowd and get the team rolling with hits and hard work.

Yes I'm drooling, but might have to wait awhile for Latendresse to make the Habs line-up.

Originally posted by Brett38

Yes I'm drooling, but might have to wait awhile for Latendresse to make the Habs line-up.

Might be better for him, in the long run, to burn the QMJHL and try to get into the WJC to get international experience. No need to rush him. But gotta admit he's making me impatient... :P~~~~~~

Originally posted by TheBigRedC

What a good pick by the staff. And second round! Wow to me this guy could have easily gone first round. But its everyone else's loss.

Also, regarding the habs, canes game, I hear Ladd played excelent.

He was ranked top 5 by CSS at the beginning of the season, but slipped because of so-so play (due to shoulder injury). But RedLine Report still had him top 10 forwards right before the draft, ahead of Bobby Ryan.

Why he slipped so far is just a mystery... or fate! :P

Latendresse had another 2 or 3 points tonight. So far since he was drafted, Guillaume has led the Canadian WJC camp in scoring with 5 points in 3 intersquad games, led his QMJHL team in exhibition scoring with 8 points in 3 games, and now leads the rookie camp with 6 points in 4 games.

The reason I liked his selection is that he produced so well and consistently as a junior. I only saw him in a couple of U18 matches and didn't focus on him that much. As long as the production is there the other details don't matter so much.