Ryder

daddym

I hope they trade Ryder and package him for Brad Richards. I don't see how Tampa can keep the Big 3 long term, and if the cap is reduced next year, then they don't have a chance of keeping him. Montreal has the cap room and flexibility to make it happen.

[Edited on 2005/9/12 by High&Inside]

Originally posted by habmanonthepacific

excuse my ignorance, but would he then become a UFA at the end of this season then?

No. He's only 25 and free agency is either at 27 or after 7 years in the NHL. Since he's 25 (born in May 1970) and only has 1 year in the NHL, he will be a UFA at the end of next season.

Originally posted by High&Inside

I hope they trade Ryder for Brad Richards. I don't see how Tampa can keep the Big 3 long term, and if the cap is reduced next year then they don't have a chance of keeping him. Montreal has the cap room and flexibility to make it happen.

It would be nice, but I think a lot of teams will be interested in Richards and we will have to give more then Ryder to obtain Richards, who in my opinion is the best player in Tampa Bay. Not as flashy as Lecavalier and St-Louis but more complete and more efficient. Probably one of the best two-way players in the league. I would take him to replace Koivu anytime. I like Koivu, but we can't have both at their salaries and Richards is a better player, younger and less injury proned.

I doubt it, but I sure would like to have him next year.

Originally posted by Komisarek the Cruncher
Originally posted by habmanonthepacific

excuse my ignorance, but would he then become a UFA at the end of this season then?

No. He's only 25 and free agency is either at 27 or after 7 years in the NHL. Since he's 25 (born in May 1970) and only has 1 year in the NHL, he will be a UFA at the end of next season.

I heard he's 26. For now the UFA limit is at 31. Next year 29. Only the year after will he become a UFA because the cut off line will be further reduced to 27.

EVen if he's 25 he still only has 2 seasons until UFA. That's why he gets a 1 year deal. He gets to prove himself and if he does he gets a long-term deal and doesn't get the chance to leave the habs.

Here's hoping that he's able, at the very worst, to maintain what he accomplished last year.

It would be the continuation of a wonderful 'keep plugging and keep plugging till you get there' story. Those are one of the best kinds.

:ghg: :ghg: :ghg:

Think about how great of a job Bob is doing.

Ryder and Ribeiro are signed for a combined 2.178 millions. Those two combined for 127 points two years ago, including 45 goals.

Thats what I call bang for your buck

Compare that to Tie Domi getting 1.25 million for 7 goals and 20 points.