Ryder signs new contract.

Brett38

I think this is a good signing for both sides...Ryder gets a chance to prove his success was not a fluke, and deserves more next year...the team has an out if he turns out to be a one year wonder....I think its win win. Personally, I think he'll do great again this year....maybe score in the 30 to 35 goal range.

Gotta agree with Gainey on this... if you sign him in long term and he doesn't pan out youre stuck and if hes as good as i hope he can be then hes still restricted for a couple of years which will enable us to sign him long term... good move and now its all over but the crying ( for leafs fans that is )...

great news, important for team unity/morale that he will be at training camp from day one!

everyone signed, so now does someone has our official salary total for the season opener? What are we, at about $36 mil?

well... just wanna remind u guys that RYDER is the one who wanted a 1 year contract ;)

YES i'm happy about this signature!!! just can't wait to see them in action :D

Yes! This is a clutch signing by Gainey, just as training camp is opening.

If Ryder were to miss training camp and possibly part of the season, i really think he would have had a tough time coming close to his rookie year, but now that he is signed and under contract, i see him improving on his tremendous 2003-2004 season.

Kudos to both sides :clap:

Honestly, I never expected him to sign before the beginning of the training camp. I figured he'd be signed up a few days after the beginning of camp but, hey, here's a place where I'm glad I'm wrong (very few times so far this year... about 3 times). ;)

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

I'm happy too. And it's called mututal benefit.

Interesting thoughts guys. I keep wondering about who wanted 1 year, but it sounds like both sides. Gainey so Ryder still proves his worth - Ryder so he gets to have a great year and command big dough next year.

I am just glad they are all there from the start. I can hardly breathe these days, and i am convinced my blood pressure is like an elevator...You gotts to love when a guy like Latendresse is getting all the press...how does that not motivate the vets and other young guys to a higher level???

This is really good news. Ryder was a huge part of the team last year, can will be for quite a while. Bob did give me a scare waiting to sign im but im releived to see its done. Can't wait to see how he will improve on last year's steller preformance.