Question about team history

Peter Puck

When Brisebois left we lost the last player remaining from the 93 cup win. So now we have no one on the team who has won a cup with the Habs. When was the last time Montreal started the season without any players on the roster having already played on a habs cup winning team?

I wonder which other team has the second longest streak of this sort?

Originally posted by Peter Puck

When Brisebois left we lost the last player remaining from the 93 cup win. So now we have no one on the team who has won a cup with the Habs. When was the last time Montreal started the season without any players on the roster having already played on a Habs cup winning team?

I honestly dont think it ever happened before, unless you go back to the 20's or something. Habs never went 7 years without winning a Cup for about 6 decades.

sorry don't know but here's a bit of interesting trivia for your favorite Leaf fan: The Great Jean Beliveau has won more Stanley Cups (a total of 17; Beliveau won 10 as a player and 7 while with Habs' management) than the Leaf team have won in their entire history (13).

hehehe

So now we have no one on the team who has won a cup with the Habs.

That's rough, but we could consider Gainey a big part of the current team, and he won a couple as a player, so someone is carrying the torch.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Likely I misunderstand your question but there is no second longest stretch that I know of. The team that has the longest stretch without a cup will be Chicago.

New York won one in the 90's, Boston - 2 in the 70's, the Leafs - 1967, Detroit, - 90's and Chicago in 1961.

All other teams have been there at the earliest, 1968.