Hart: Jarome Iginla, Calgary

Art Ross: Markus Naslund, Vancouver

Norris: Zdeno Chara, Ottawa

Vezina: Roberto Luongo, Florida

Calder: Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh

Jack Adams: Darryl Sutter, Calgary

Selke: Keith Primeau, Philadelphia

Pearson: Jarome Iginla, Calgary

Goal Leader: Jarome Iginla, INLESS Ilya Kovalchuk signs in the next little while

Assist Leader: Peter Forsberg, Philadelphia

Comeback Player of the Year: Dany Heatley, Ottawa

Northeast division champion: Ottawa

Atlantic division champion: Philadelphia

Southeast division champion: Atlanta

Northwest division champion: Calgary

Central division champion: Detroit

Pacific division champion: Anaheim

Western Conference champion: Calgary

Eastern Conference champion: Philadelphia

Stanley Cup champion: Calgary

Conn Smythe: Miikka Kiprusoff, Calgary

[Edited on 2005/9/25 by Leafs Suck]

Hart:jose theodore

Art Ross: alexei kovalev

Norris: sheldon souray

Vezina: jose theodore

Calder: tomas plekanec

Jack Adams: claude julien

Selke: radek bonk

Pearson:saku koivu

Goal Leader: alexei kovalev

Assist Leader: saku koivu

Comeback Player of the Year: radek bonk

Northeast division champion: montreal

Eastern Conference champion: montreal

Stanley Cup champion: montreal

Conn Smythe: radek bonk

or maybe there are 29 other teams...

Hart: Kariya

Art Ross: Iginla

Norris: Pronger

Vezina: Kiprusoff

Calder: Brule

Jack Adams: Gretzky

Selke: Peca

Pearson: Iginla

Goal Leader: Iginla

Assist Leader: Lemieux

Comeback Player of the Year: Lindros (LMAO!!)

Atlantic division champion: Pittsburgh

Central division champion: Nashville

Eastern Conference champion: Pittsburgh

Stanley Cup champion: Montreal. Just because.

Conn Smythe: Lemieux

Hart: Iginla

Art Ross: Forsberg

Norris: Niedermayer

Vezina: Theodore

Calder: Perezhogin

Jack Adams: Jacques Martin (?)

Selke: Bulis

Pearson: Crosby

Goal Leader: Naslund

Assist Leader: St Louis

Comeback Player of the Year: Forsberg

Northeast division champion: Boston

Southeast division champion: Atlanta (if they have Ilya)

Northwest division champion: Vancouver

Central division champion: Dallas

Western Conference champion: Anaheim (hah!)

Stanley Cup champion: Philadelphia

Conn Smythe: Primeau

[Edited on 2005/9/25 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

Hart: Markus Näslund, Vancouver

Art Ross: Markus Näslund, Vancouver

Norris: Nicklas Lidström, Detroit

Vezina: Roberto Luongo, Florida

Calder: Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh

Jack Adams: Claude Julien, Montreal

Selke: Radek Bonk, Montreal

Pearson: Jarome Iginla, Calgary

Goal Leader: Marian Hossa, Atlanta

Assist Leader: Peter Forsberg, Philadelphia

Comeback Player of the Year: Niclas Sundström, Montreal

Pacific division champion: San Jose

Western Conference champion: Detroit

Stanley Cup champion: Philadelphia

Conn Smythe: Peter Forsberg, Philadelphia

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Keith Primeau to win the scoring title? Are you serious Bulis? Wow, thats a BOLD prediction.

simonus you homer!

I couldn't think of anyone so I just wrote a good player on the best team in the league. He's captain and polays first line so he can rack up some points.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie
Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Keith Primeau to win the scoring title? Are you serious Bulis? Wow, thats a BOLD prediction.

simonus you homer!

I couldn't think of anyone so I just wrote a good player on the best team in the league. He's captain and polays first line so he can rack up some points.

Forsberg will be 1st line center, not Primeau. He's more of a Bonk type player, good two-way center.

As for Flyers being the best team in the league, forget that, they are way over rated. They are good, but not that good.

Their goalie is not that great and not consistent enough to make them the best team.

Their D is big and slow (Therrien, Hatcher & Rathje). With the new rules, these 3 UFA will end up being the worst move Clarke did this year. Everybody is going to skate around them like orange cones.

They let go of a lot of experience and a lot of the teams offensice succcess relies on the rookies Carter and Richards. Yes they are great prospect, but that's a lot of pressure for 2 rookies.

Also, don't forget that the Flyers are very injury prone. Forsberg, Hatcher, Kapanen out for a while...

I really believe that they are over rated. Don't get me wrong, they have a very good team, but far from being the best in the league. Too many uncertainties to be a sure bet. I actually prefer the Habs roster over the Flyers:

1) Habs have the definite advantage with the goalie

2) The D is similar for both teams. Flyers have a better top 3 but our #4 to 6 is much better then theirs, if we take the new rules into consideration.

3) Our forwards are as good as theirs. In fact, we have more depth then they do.

Mark my words, if the new rules are maintained the entire season, the Habs wil be very dangerous this year. I also anticipate Gainey to eventually get a great D by trading some of our forwrads before the trade deadline, making us a force for the playoffs.

3)

I heard Forsberg would be playing second line with Richards and Gagné. Never mind, I just checked and that's gonna be the first line. Primeau is third-liner...uh-oh. Either way they're a great team.

Esche is good enough to be a starter though he's not great. And then there's Nittymakki (what a name!).

Derian Hatcher Joni Pitkanen

Kim Johnsson Mike Rathje

Eric Desjardins Chris Therien

I can't see this being less than the second best defence corps in the league. Who are the horrible obttom three you speak of? Pitkanen, Desjardins and Therien? Those are good players.

They have 3 strong scoring lines with a tough 4th line. They have a proven goon in Donald Brashear (not that I like goons).

They have one of the best forwards of the past 5 years in Forsberg. Then there's Simon Gagné, a great player who belongs on any first line. Jeff Carter and Mike Richards are two of the best prospects in the league. Then there's Michal Handzus who would play first line on 80% of the teams.

Sami Kapanen is a good player who will be replaced by Brian Savage until the end of October (how convenient) playing third line. This guy used to be the top scorer in Quebec (only 50-something points, though. I think.) How about Primeau as a third line center. definitely better than Bonk. And then Branko Radivojevic at right wing. Not a great player there but still possibly the best third line in the league (Montreal has one of the best).

The fourth line has grit and is tough. It fetaures Brashear, Patrick Sharp and ex-habs Turner Stevenson. Certainly a good and legitimate fourth line.

Can you tell me a team that's better than Philly?

Just for the goalie factor, I don't see them as the best team. You need a top goalie to be the best.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are a very good team (top 5 in the league) but not #1.

Tampa Bay as the same goalie problem but I think they're better.

Their bottom 3 D are the 3 big slow towers they signed (Hatcher, Rathje & Therien). With the new rules, these 3 D will become very average if not bollow average...especially Therien. That guy would not even be considered a possibility of making the team in Mtl. The other 2 are good enough to compensate with good hockey sens, but will not be impact palyers like they use to. Many players will drop in value this year due to the new rules. The big slow guys with long reach are useless now, because what made them effectve is now a penalty. Desjardins, Pitkanen & Johnsson will be their top 3 and a very good reliable D.

Give our Bulis - Bonk - Hossa line a chance. I think they will be the top #3 line in the league. With the new rules, I prefer Bonk than Primeau. Much better skater but less physical.

Handzus playing 1st line on 80% of the teams ? He's good but not that good.

As for Forsberg, he's also one of the most injured player in the past 5 years. He was injured in Sweden last year and as already been operated on this year. No way this guy plays a full season and that will impact in a major way the Flyers.

As for Carter and Richards, like I already said, very good prospects, but unproven. A lot of pressure for these 2 guys to step in and counted on to play a major role.

Its mostly a gut feeling, but I predict many injuries for them to key players (mainly Forsberg) and I don't think they will finish #1 in the league.

Also, the Flyers finished 7th in the league in 2004 tied with another team and I think they're weaker than in 2004.

They lost Roenick, Zhamnov, Recchi, Malakhov, Amonte, LeClair, Markov and replaced them with Forsberg, Knuble, Stevenson, Carter, Richards, Hatcher, Rathje, Savage, Sim...definetly not as good!!! Really depends on what Carter and Richards do. I don't think that relying on 2 rookies makes a team a #1 contender in my opinion.

Don't forget that Desjardins is 36 years old and is not at is prime anymore. I see Pitkanen being their #1 D.

Give our #3 line a chance? I said it's one of the best in the league. And if you call Richards and Carter unproven rookies then what are Perezhogin, Higgins, Plekanec, Hossa (on the best third line in the league), Danis, Bouillon, Hainsey and Streit, who all have a shot at the Habs roster?

Hatcher and Rathje are definitely better than Bouillon, Hainsey, Streit, Rivet and Komisarek in any CBA (for the moment). Therrien is not horrible and is going to be better than atleast 1 or 2 of our bottom defenceman this year. They have great defence.

And Tampa Bay isn't close to as good as Philly. The two main things that made Tampa so good last year were Khabibulin and a great first line. With the loss of a goalie (and don't give me that "John Grahame had better stats than Khabibulin" crap) and the departure of 81-point-man, Stillman, the lose both those things. (Stillman was on the first line.) Now, Vaclav Prospal is an embarassment to the first line.

Tampa Bay also has worse defence (by a mile) then Philly.

You can't even compare.

Tampa is going nowhere with Grahame IMO. Losing Lukowich was bad too.

Philly has a solid team in all areas. Esche gets no respect but is a pretty decent goalie. Lets not forget he beat Martin Brodeur, and Ed Belfour in the playoffs last year and came pretty close to knocking off Khabibulin. He deserves more respect than what he gets.

Originally posted by simonus

Hart:jose theodore

Art Ross: alexei kovalev

Norris: sheldon souray

Vezina: jose theodore

Calder: tomas plekanec

Jack Adams: claude julien

Selke: radek bonk

Pearson:saku koivu

Goal Leader: alexei kovalev

Assist Leader: saku koivu

Comeback Player of the Year: radek bonk

Northeast division champion: montreal

Eastern Conference champion: montreal

Stanley Cup champion: montreal

Conn Smythe: radek bonk

or maybe there are 29 other teams...

Verrry good, my boy, verrry good.... yesssssssss.... verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry gooooooooooood....:/):/):/)

Originally posted by Komisarek the Cruncher
Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

You can't even compare.

I agree you can't compare, Tampa is much better. So fast this team its not even funny how good they're going to be this year with the new rules.

So Tampa Bay will win the Stanley Cup because of the new CBA?

They only have a decent first line and a decent second line. Or they can move Richards up and have a great first line and a terrible second line. Their choice,

They have only gotten worse since last year. They have no goalie, no complete scoring line and bad defence. Their net will be bombarded with shots and the weakness in net will let them all in. They lost Lukowich who was one of their best defenceman (in a week unit) and they lost Stillman. Stillman is very underrated. You'll see if you look at his stats that he had more 81 points as opposed to Lecavalier's 68.

I'm not even sure if Tampa Bay will beat out Atlanta for their division. It all depends on whether Kovalchuk plays or not. And Lehtonen.