5 more are heading to Hamilton

bombTHEice

Archer was still there? Did he even played a pre-season game?

No surprises for the others. Out of the bunch, I'd say Ferland impressed the most. It'll be interesting to see how he follows up in the AHL.

Locke and Kostistyn are offensive players, and neither produced much offensively in the games they played. They still need more polish, but the talent's there.

Côté has limited upside and isn't NHL-caliber yet, but he's showing a nice progress in his game.

Originally posted by simonus

wow... didn't see that coming :P

ok... with all the usual suspects out of camp, nows when we see the real battle for spots.

Hossa, Perezhogin, Latendresse, Plekanec, Higgins, Dagenais.... hell Vandermeer! Get on!

Yeah simonus, I will guess that Vandermeer is not essential to the team in the new NHL, and that Perez is sent down because he can be and he seems to need more NA ice time, he can play on the first two lines with the Bulldogs unless the AHL wants to screw with him, and I have heard they might try to block him playing there. Latendresse will get another game or maybe two and may prove the wild card if he shines, but I guess that Higgins and Plekanic and Dags will stay. The other battle is on D -- Boullion/Hainsey/Streit.

YEah no suprises here....none of them did anything to distingiush themselves here....which is unfortunate for Andrei Kostitsyn.

I believe in Latendresse scores another goal or 2 tonight, and continues his solid phyical play, he'll make the team. I just hope he can keep it up for 82 games. Thats a long tough season, and don't wanna see him wear. Big, big difference between Jr and NHL hockey

New NHL, old NHL, I don't care. You need a guy who can drop the gloves. With as little depth as the Habs have on D, they can't afford to have guys like Souray being the tough guy. It's not a good thing when your 3 most likely tough guys are D-man (Rivet, Souray, and Komi). It's simply not smart to have those guys in the box or getting the crap kicked out of them.

You need a guy who can go up against the Oliwas and the Shelleys of the league. He doesn't have to play every night, but you have to have an enforcer at times.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

New NHL, old NHL, I don't care. You need a guy who can drop the gloves. With as little depth as the Habs have on D, they can't afford to have guys like Souray being the tough guy. It's not a good thing when your 3 most likely tough guys are D-man (Rivet, Souray, and Komi). It's simply not smart to have those guys in the box or getting the crap kicked out of them.

You need a guy who can go up against the Oliwas and the Shelleys of the league. He doesn't have to play every night, but you have to have an enforcer at times.

I could'nt agree more,....but most importantly Julien does.

You might have notice that Yvanans Raiti as not be sended down,...that is interesting.

I wonder if the CH entertain the idea of keeping a duo of enforcer

with the Club or that they just have not made their mind up about Vandermeer or Raiti as to which one will remain with the team.

I dont know which way it will go, even when reading Julien's comment lately about Yvanans...''he does not put himself in compromising situation, he's helpull in the present and will be for the future''. ( that was after mentionning Toronto having as much as 3 enforcers in their team, Buffalo, etc,).

I'd hate to see 2 of 14 forward spots being taken by enforcers. Having one guy around is absolutely necessary. Having two around, with the pletora of forward talent we have, is absolutely unnecessary.

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

and that Perez is ent down because he can be and he seems to need more NA ice time, he can play on the first two lines with the Bulldogs unless the AHL wants to screw with him, and I have heard they might try to block him playing there.

Yes, I think you're right there. It'll likely play out that way in order to give him more time to get acclimatized to the North American game. As to the AHL making it rough for him, I doubt it because he has done his time and it has likely cost him a year in the NHL.

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

Originally posted by Rooster

I'd hate to see 2 of 14 forward spots being taken by enforcers. Having one guy around is absolutely necessary. Having two around, with the pletora of forward talent we have, is absolutely unnecessary.

Not going to happen. It's either Ivanans or Vandermeer, not both. Julien is keeping them both around to challenge each other and make them try harder.

<i>The other battle is on D -- Boullion/Hainsey/Streit. </i>

I really don't think Bouillon is in on that battle. He's got the number 6 spot, Hainsey and Streit will continue to battle to be the 7th D man. To be honest i don't have a ton of confidence in either of them, but i think Hainsey will end up making the team.

We'd have two because we already have BEGIN! I'm very confident in Begin's fighting skills and he wouldn't shy away from Oliwa. Ivanans has played well in camp. When we signed him I thought he would never play an NHL game but whther he plays a game or two over Vandermeer or not won't make a big differenc for me.

Originally posted by Quebecois

<i>The other battle is on D -- Boullion/Hainsey/Streit. </i>

I really don't think Bouillon is in on that battle. He's got the number 6 spot, Hainsey and Streit will continue to battle to be the 7th D man. To be honest i don't have a ton of confidence in either of them, but i think Hainsey will end up making the team.

Bouillon was our best D-man last night. He played much better than I've ever seen Hainsey or Streit play.