Pre-Season Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Boston | 09/28/05

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Guys. I think it's all been sorted out.

5-2 Habs is the final. I just don't understand how they have all the boxscores of Bruins scoring 5 goals. Can anyone list the sites that had it wrong so we know for next time?

TSN.ca got a story out:

"Bruins rally in third to down habs"

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=138026

Patrice Bergeron ignited a four-goal outburst in the final 20 minutes with a power-play tally and Brad Boyes added a goal and an assist as the Bruins erased a deficit to post a 5-2 victory over the Montreal Canadiens at Moncton Coliseum.

After Pat Leahy opened the scoring at 3:08 of the first period, Boston struggled offensively as former Vezina and Hart Trophy winner Jose Theodore stopped all 10 shots he faced in the second. Meanwhile, 2004 Calder Trophy runner-up Michael Ryder and Mike Ribeiro netted power-play goals in the period to give Montreal a 2-1 edge.

But Bergeron began the Bruins' third-period uprising at 6:36, scoring with the man advantage, and Tom Fitzgerald put Boston ahead for good less than three minutes later. Ben Walter extended the lead at 13:15 and Boyes, who set up Fitzgerald's tally, added an empty-netter to seal the win.

Defenseman Jiri Slegr collected two assists and Hannu Toivonen made 39 saves for the Bruins, who played without captain Joe Thornton and 2004 Calder Trophy winner Andrew Raycroft.

Theodore turned aside 24 shots for Montreal, which lost for just the second time in six preseason games.

LCN is the only remaining source that says 5-2 Bruins... I believe. Isn't tommy9 friends with Pleky? He has to call him and find out!

the sports network says boston 5 montreal 1

1st period - boston 1 goals

2nd period - montreal 2 goals

3rd period - boston 4 goals

At Moncton Nb

Nhl Final 1st 2nd 3rd Total

--- --- --- -----

Montreal 0 2 0 2

Boston 1 0 4 5 Final

Goal Scoring:

1st Prd: Bos - Pat Leahy 1 (unassisted) 3:08

2nd Prd: Mon - (pp) Michael Ryder 1 (saku Koivu, Alexei Kovalev)

14:46

Mon - (pp) Mike Ribeiro 2 (radek Bonk, Alexander Perezhogin)

18:52

3rd Prd: Bos - (pp) Patrice Bergeron 4 (alexei Zhamnov, Brian Leetch)

6:36

Bos - Tom Fitzgerald 1 (unassisted) 9:28

Bos - Ben Walter 2 (jiri Slegr, Kevin Dallman) 14:11

Bos - (en) Brad Boyes 3 (unassisted) 18:52

Power-play Conversions: Mon - 1 Of 4, Bos - 2 Of 5.

Shots On Goal: 1st 2nd 3rd Total

--- --- --- -----

Mon 11 11 19 41

Bos 8 10 11 29

Goalies: Mon - Jose Theodore

Bos - Hannu Toivonen

Officials: Ref - Kevin Pollock, Tom Kowal

Lin - Anthony Sericolo, Brad Kovachik

HA! TSN says Fitzgerald put in an empty netter! The box scores someone posted have Fitzgerald scoring the 3rd goal. I doubt they scored twice AFTER the emptynetter...

how did the shoot out go?

I ALWAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS have a good point but you show your wisdom in stating it anyways. :lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 2005/9/29 by shortcat1]

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

HA! TSN says Fitzgerald put in an empty netter! The box scores someone posted have Fitzgerald scoring the 3rd goal. I doubt they scored twice AFTER the emptynetter...

The boxscores also say that Boston had 29 shots on goal in the third period. Unlikely.

Have we gotten down to the bottom of things? 5-2 is what we know. The important thing is for who. CJAD chose the wrong day to keep quiet.