New Poll - G. Latendresse

sakiqc

Pretty close, so far.

38 %

31 %

31 %

But, regardless, I'm right.

Originally posted by diebels

I'm not sure if that is the right place to post this but it is very much related to the pool

RDS Article that a decision will be made about Latendresse this weekend

Great article. Gainey says Latendresse will either play all year with Montreal or all year in Juniors (no 10 games tryout). He also said he talked about trade with 2-3 others team. They could lose Hossa through waivers if he's sent down to Hamilton.

Gainey did not proposed that he thought about sending Hossa to Hamilton,...this inference was a journalistic.

Gainey as been inplicit about a 10 games trial for Latendresse as being out of the question.

It will be Montreal or Drummundville.....he seems to say that having to wait one more year before using him would amount to depriving his team of the goods they already could use from him.

Interesting to say the least !

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

I was against it before, but now I think they should sign'em and give'em a shot. He's proven he can play at the NHL level, all be it in pre-season, but still. If he struggles, send'em down to the Q.

Rather have him than Dagenais.

I doubt that his arrival would imply anything like that....we still need Dagenais this year regardless.

Can you imagine having him on the fourth line with Begin and Higgins?

They would bang and crash everything in sight. You could also periodically give Gui some time up on the other lines.

I did vote to have him sent down to Jr. though. Gainey will do the best thing for the team. There's no doubt about that.

If they do send him back, it begs the question for future young prospects: what do you have to do to make the team? Do they want kids in future camps with a defeated attitude, and vets that know their spot is safe because their under contract?

Gainey told us earlier this summer that they drafted the best player without regard to position. Now let him dress the best players without regard to age and money.

Originally posted by TheMaxDaddy

If they do send him back, it begs the question for future young prospects: what do you have to do to make the team? Do they want kids in future camps with a defeated attitude, and vets that know their spot is safe because their under contract?

Gainey told us earlier this summer that they drafted the best player without regard to position. Now let him dress the best players without regard to age and money.

Your absolutely right, but can Gui take a position from Higgins, Pleks, Hossa and company?

I kinda think we need to redo this poll, in light of the information regarding Hossa's trade.

I know my vote changed.

[Edited on 2005/9/30 by lazy26]

I voted knowing after Hossa was traded (I think) and I still think he should be sent back to juniors.

I still doubt he's mentally ready to take on the Montreal media. Sure, they chanted his name in his first pre-season game but what happens when the fans will boo him? It's bound to happen.

Originally posted by TheMaxDaddy

As to the kids struggling hard to make the team, that's how it normally works. The older young guys tend to make the team because they've made use of the time and opportunities to grow into the role players that the teams need.

As to the vets vegging because of a perceived safety in their position, that's the challenge of the coachs and GM. It's up to them to ensure that there is a continuing sense of competition for the roles/positions on the team. If they don't do it well, they're just driving another nail into their professional coffins.