Preds sign Perreault

simonus

Originally posted by Rooster

Happy to hear that.  Perreault is a good guy that still has quality hockey in him.

Agreed, fully agreed. He does have very good hockey sense. It's too bad, in a way that he couldn't fit in Montreal's plans anymore. What with all the young guys coming up, it would be very difficult for Gainey & co. to make place for him.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Smart move by the Preds. They have a very underrated team IMO. Not really getting any sorta credit.

didnt some previews (i think SI) rate them as 5th in the west?

Aside from geography, you gotta like the Preds, they are a fun team to watch.

Originally posted by ch_nl

Perreault will come back and score on the Habs big-time.

A John LeClair for the "new ice age".

haha yeah.

btw, I hope you still cheer for the Habs, even if your dear Yanic is playing for Nashville ! :/)

That's really funny you said that. Just read "Fever Pitch" by Nick Hornby and that book is just about that. Cheering for a team even if players come and goes.

Imagine if the Habs traded the whole team with the Leafs, would everybody here become Leafs-fans?

When Brunet left I was sad. Now Perreault is gone but I think I have projected my love on Ryder. I have really started to like his play and Alex Kovalev have been a favourite a long time and Jose Theodore is another. Of course I will cheer for the Habs!

Originally posted by ch_nl

That's really funny you said that. Just read "Fever Pitch" by Nick Hornby and that book is just about that. Cheering for a team even if players come and goes.

Imagine if the Habs traded the whole team with the Leafs, would everybody here become Leafs-fans?

When Brunet left I was sad. Now Perreault is gone but I think I have projected my love on Ryder. I have really started to like his play and Alex Kovalev have been a favourite a long time and Jose Theodore is another. Of course I will cheer for the Habs!

Well yeah, that's interesting. It's like when the Quebec Nordiques moved to Denver. I was a die hard Nordiques fan.. but it didn't even came close to my mind to cheer for the Avs. I'm still a big Sakic fan, but for me it was like a knife in the back when they won the Cup in 1996. When Nordiques left, I cheered for no teams for few weeks.. well until Ronald Corey fired the old administration (Savard, Demers). Then the Canadiens became the new Nordiques. A young struggling team.

Let's hope they'll win the Cup this decade, just in time for the Centenary

:ghg:

Watch him pass 50 points this season.

He's playing with whoever doesn't get Legwand and Kariya.

i.e. Walker, Sullivan and/or Erat

And Nashvillians will have no idea who he is.

Ah, a new NHL, and nothing seems different :eyes: