Streaming Video?

Fanpuck33_

Ok, when OLN and the NHL announced their partnership for the upcoming seasons, part of the deal they mentioned was that they were going to have live, streaming video of 2 games every night.

Now, however, I cannot find anything about this. I've tried contacting OLN and Comcast, but my emails have been ignored. A friend called OLN and the customer service rep had no idea about any such thing.

Does anyone know anything about this?

http://www.comcast.net/sports/vito/

I am irate. Comcast finally made a press release about streaming video, and it is only available to people who have Comcast as their ISP. This is STUPID! Only 7.7 million people in the US use Comcast, and OLN is not standard on many cable packages.

And they are streaming at least 3 Habs games in October. CRAP!

&&^%@@!!!!! Why cant the NHL join the #&*()_@&&^@

21st century and make streamedvideo widely available!:nono:

They must know we would pay well for the priviledge:wall::wall:

I wonder if OLN is worried that such a system would undermine their TV ratings... That being said, comcast seems to be in a good position to offer this nhl.tv system. As Fanpuck has pointed out, they offer some limited version of streaming already. If one thinks that comcast's goal is to maximize the revenue coming from their hockey rights, setting up the streaming system is a good idea. If one thinks that comcast is attempting to maximize the OLN revenue stream by using hockey as a programming leader, then allowing people easy access to out-of-market games is a bad idea.

(I am feeling especially lawyerly today :/))