Turns out Eklund is brilliant!

http://eblog.hockeybuzz.com

Eklunds Predictions......

He places the Habs 4th and has this to say:

#4- Montreal- This is a surprise to many I imagine, but the Habs are back. After the top three teams there is a drop-off, but I predict the Habs will score bunches of goals and their young legs will help them in the new NHL. Next year, look out for these guys. The Canadians will be a force in the NHL for the next 5-10 years. This year will be the first glimpse of it.

....and we all thought Eklund was just a dumb !@#$!@.

:ghg:

Originally posted by Prime Minister Koivu

But what if he is.... oh why EKLUND WHY!... we're surely doomed now. (unless of course he gives that an E5 rating)

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

He doesn't even spell our team name correctly.  How hard is it to realize they are the Montreal Canadiens, not the Canadians?

Haha, that's a great, I didn't even notice that. Everyone start sending your hate mail now.

Originally posted by Prime Minister Koivu

http://eblog.hockeybuzz.com

Eklunds Predictions......

He places the Habs 4th and has this to say:

#4- Montreal- This is a surprise to many I imagine, but the Habs are back.  After the top three teams there is a drop-off, but I predict the Habs will score bunches of goals and their young legs will help them in the new NHL. Next year, look out for these guys.  The Canadians will be a force in the NHL for the next 5-10 years.  This year will be the first glimpse of it.

:ghg:

Hey! I can be a dumber !@#$!@ genius!!

I predict that they'll come 1st and that's an E71 rating!

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

at least Eklund is bright and honest enough to strongly note that these preseason rankings are even more speculative than usual and can be counted with great certainty to be incredibly wrong...

Do I want the habs to be 4th best team in NHL... sure...

will it happen... doubtful...

then again, who knows?

I am with him 100% on his predictions about the Habs starting next year to be a force to be reckoned with for the next 1o years..

but, a fourth place this year seems a tad precipitaded........but since favorable predictions outside of the province have been rather scarce lately... thanks Ecky.

Just to make things clear, I believe he has the Habs as 4th in the East, not NHL...

That means we could be like 20th should the West all get more points than us as well... (Yea yea, impossible I know... :P)

Originally posted by beckham

Yeah, based on his record, I would be seriously worried. It is like having Kyle Woodleif talk up your draft pick. Uh oh!

I guess Latendresse and Price are screwed now... Woodlief raved about them...

:eyes: