Zednik

kaos

Somebody said Richard Zednik was injured?

I couldn't watch the game. Does anybody have any idea what happened? Did he return to the game? Is he expected to miss any time?

I haven't been able to find anything out

Please pass along any info

Thanks

Originally posted by les_glorieux

he has a day to day slight groin strain

good thing we have the depth now. that'll help a lot.

RDS' site is reporting that Perezhogin will replace Zednik on the first line tonight. I really like the idea of Perezhogin playing with Koivu and Kovalev. Think those three could have great chemistry.

Oh, I'm looking forward to seeing Perezhogin play on the first line; I hope he can click with his new line mates. I also thought that Plekanec played pretty well on that line during last night's game.

Originally posted by Rooster

RDS' site is reporting that Perezhogin will replace Zednik on the first line tonight.  I really like the idea of Perezhogin playing with Koivu and Kovalev.  Think those three could have great chemistry.

Wow I'm surprised (but thrilled) that CJ is going with Zhog on the first line, I figured he'd play it safe like he usually does and go with a veteren from the bottom lines. I wonder what Dags status is for tonight, is he healthy? will he be scratched even if he is healthy?

All of the talk prior to this year was about the strength of our third line, but in last nights game the fourth line of Begin, Higgins and Plekanec were fantastic, even though they started double shifting the wingers with the first line.

They were sound defensively Begin was his usual self and Higgins and Plekanec were great on the forecheck. I think this line could be the difference in a lot of games this year.

I was very very impressed. Perhaps teh best line on the night, and I look forward to seeing them in many other games this year.

Originally posted by puck7x

Wow I'm surprised (but thrilled) that CJ is going with Zhog on the first line, I figured he'd play it safe like he usually does and go with a veteren from the bottom lines. I wonder what Dags status is for tonight, is he healthy? will he be scratched even if he is healthy?

If Perezhogin plays well while Zednik is out, it'll be interesting to see what happens to Dags. He and Ribeiro looked totally disinterested last night. Compare their efforts to those of the guys on the 4th line, and you'd think that Ribs and Dags were old enough to be playing for the Leafs.....truly ugly hockey....

My feeling is that Perezhogin will play well on the 1st line, and when Zed comes back, Dags will be watching from the press box!

Originally posted by ap79

Its a groin injury. He was doubtful for the game, so it didnt happen during the game. And I didnt see him come back.

He left 5 minutes in. I'm pretty sure it hapened during the game because Zednik took a body check which brought him to the ground. The checker got a penalty for it and Zednik looked really angry from the ground. I thought that was where it happened. I didn't know it was groin injury though. That isn't related to the play.