HABS vs SENS | Oct 11th 7:30pm | Home Opener!

puck7x

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

The first period was amazing though and the second period was very fun to watch but not the third period. And we lost that period too. Oh my God, Bonk helps the Sens even when he's NOT with them.

hmmm.... maybe he's a mole planted in our organization... some sort of 5th column operative infiltrated to do some damage on the inside. ahhh... the indecency of it all!!!!! ;););););););););)

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by les_glorieux

will zednik be in the lineup tomorrow perhaps?

the announcers were saying not. komisarek is scheduled to be and so is dagenais

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

The first period was amazing though and the second period was very fun to watch but not the third period. And we lost that period too. Oh my God, Bonk helps the Sens even when he's NOT with them.

135 to go, kiddo... 135. I predict that you'll get that easily by the weekend, if not after the next game... just keep on yackin' 'n yackin'.

Not a bad game by the Habs, but just not nearly good enough to beat the incredible Senators. We've got to play much more disciplined hockey next time out, or it will be much of the same. Hopefully we rebound with a win in Atlanta, but that won't be easy with Kovalchuk returning coupled with the fact that we have to travel all the way down there to play tomorrow night.

:ghg:

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

Well, on the bright side Koivu is on track for a 82 point season and Begin for a 41 goal season. He might win the Rocket Richard trophy!

you know the best part?

Tell me how Begin looked any different from a skill player on that play? It was a 'pretty' goal. It was exciting.

He's our fourth line center. Cool.

its over? we lost? well there goes Shorts' 164 point season prediction, otherwise no big deal actually reading through the thread sounds like we played better than in the games we won.

Go Habs Go!

Sucks to lose when you outplay the opposition, but well... I guess we didnt outplay them when it counted most, in the 3rd. So we got the loss. Still sucks.

Tomorrow should be very tough, Atlanta looks like an offensive powerhouse so far this year, and they've been doing it without Kovalchuk. Bad news for the habs is that Kovalchuk makes his season debut vs us tomorrow night. Yikes.

Good thing we got those 3 wins to start the year, nobody said this year was going to be easy. 82 games is alot.

Oh yeah guys, good job getting the new record for the longest thread in HW history (660 and counting) ... Just too bad its gamethread for a game we lost. Looks like you'll have to set a new record, only this time for a winning thread :D;)

shortcat, if you want all the special team stats, i've found the best site to be http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/statistics?s...06&seasontype=2

Just click on each column to sort. BTW - As per that site, montreal is the 17th most penalized team, ottawa is 7th (these stats are not yet updated for today's games).

Didn't get to watch the game, but I think some are overreacting. Habs had a good start and this is their first loss. It's only game #4. If you had told me they'd be 3-1, with two big wins over the Leafs and Bruins, I'd take it wouldn't you?

Just gotta rebound tomorrow HOPEFULLY...

well............sucks to lose, especially within the division, but the senators are the supposed favorites for the cup, one of 'em anyway...

positives: Kovalev starting to dominate, Koivu on fire, rookies still going strong, Streit getting better with each game.

negatives: WTF is up with Theo and Ribs? I know Ribs scored a goal last game, but I'm getting more and more concerned........have we truly had a good game out of either of them this season yet?

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

Well, on the bright side Koivu is on track for a 82 point season and Begin for a 41 goal season. He might win the Rocket Richard trophy!

Wouldn't that be wild!

Originally posted by Quebecois

Not a bad game by the Habs, but just not nearly good enough to beat the incredible Senators. We've got to play much more disciplined hockey next time out, or it will be much of the same. Hopefully we rebound with a win in Atlanta, but that won't be easy with Kovalchuk returning coupled with the fact that we have to travel all the way down there to play tomorrow night.  

He may still be rusty. But, in this case, the thing is, again, if we are able to win because of a flaw of that kind in a team, it doesn't bode well for us.

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

its over? we lost? well there goes Shorts' 164 point season prediction, otherwise no big deal actually reading through the thread sounds like we played better than in the games we won.

Go Habs Go!

What a delusion! What a drug-induced fantasy! :lol::lol::lol:

Originally posted by simonus

shortcat, if you want all the special team stats, i've found the best site to be http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/statistics?s...06&seasontype=2

Just click on each column to sort.  BTW - As per that site, montreal is the 17th most penalized team, ottawa is 7th (these stats are not yet updated for today's games).

Thanks, simonus. I'll put those in my bookmarks :D

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Didn't get to watch the game, but I think some are overreacting. Habs had a good start and this is their first loss. It's only game #4. If you had told me they'd be 3-1, with two big wins over the Leafs and Bruins, I'd take it wouldn't you?

Just gotta rebound tomorrow HOPEFULLY...

Overreaction is due to fanatics cheering their team on. I for one gave the bird to the officials last night but they did not see me through the TV. Darn.......

Go :hlogo: Go

We can't really complain that we were the better team. If the better team won all of our games we'd be 1-3.

"Maybe he's a mole planted in our system"

Ya I thought of that, shortcat. They trade him to a division rival and then he takes bad penalty calls in the last 10 minutes. Of course the blood was fake. ALso they got to dump his salary on us. Maybe he's getting Sens Money under the table?

For what it's worth, the Power play is average then, not great and, also, not rotten. So, that's 'acceptable', sort of.

Our penalty kill, at 7th is pretty good, really. Of course, it could be better but, let's keep in mind too, it could be WAY WORSE.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Ooh! 1500! I think our PK will be first in the NHl at the end of the season. And our PP will stay at where it is now; 15th or so.

Originally posted by puck7x

Oh yeah guys, good job getting the new record for the longest thread in HW history (660 and counting) ... Just too bad its gamethread for a game we lost. Looks like you'll have to set a new record, only this time for a winning thread :D;)

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? we have to strat it OVER again??? well... it would be nice if u START the THREAD for TONITE's game against ATLANTA... so we could start posting and reach another record ;)

I'm not able to watch tonight's game. Atleast there's the newspaper tomorrow morning. I doubt we'll beat thjis theread for awhile.