When Zed comes back

Quebecois

Here's my idea for a lineup once Zed is healthy and back in the lineup.

Perezhogin-Koivu-Kovalev

Higgins-Ribeiro-Ryder

Bulis-Bonk-Zednik

Plekanec-Begin-Sundstrom

I just love how this gives us three lines that can dominate a team offensively on any given night. Bonk may have had more of a defensive role with the Habs so far, but let's not forget that this guy has reached 70 points before and has been a consistent high 50s-low 60s point getter throughout his career.

So what do you guys think?

don't forget that the higgins-plek-begin line has been fantastic.

The 'quebecois' line might be tried as an eventuality, but I'd imagine that if the habs want to keep perez on the first line they would keep the 3 and 4th lines as is and put zed on the 2nd. If nothing else, it would be less of a slap in the face to zeds.

However, if that lineup didnt work, I could see them trying out the 'quebecois' line.

<i>Also, our second line has tended to suck of late...maybe throwing Zed on there could help to right that wobbly ship.</i>

Yeah this is assuming that the 2nd line can get going the way it is, which really shouldn't be assumed at this point. Aside from the leafs game, the 2nd line has been virtually invisible.

Originally posted by simonus

don't forget that the higgins-plek-begin line has been fantastic.

The 'quebecois' line might be tried as an eventuality, but I'd imagine that if the habs want to keep perez on the first line they would keep the 3 and 4th lines as is and put zed on the 2nd.  If nothing else, it would be less of a slap in the face to zeds.

However, if that lineup didnt work, I could see them trying out the 'quebecois' line.

Higgins-Plek-Begin has played quite well together. It would be a shame to break it up.

Zed is a scorer so he would have to be on one of two lines that get tons of ice time. This is a great problem for Claude!!!:hlogo::hlogo::hlogo:

Originally posted by Quebecois

Here's my idea for a lineup once Zed is healthy and back in the lineup.  

Perezhogin-Koivu-Kovalev

Higgins-Ribeiro-Ryder

Bulis-Bonk-Zednik

Plekanec-Begin-Sundstrom

I just love how this gives us three lines that can dominate a team offensively on any given night. Bonk may have had more of a defensive role with the Habs so far, but let's not forget that this guy has reached 70 points before and has been a consistent high 50s-low 60s point getter throughout his career.  

So what do you guys think?

Juliens gotta keep the KKZ together when Zed comes back.

I say just put Perezhogin in Dags spot and were set. Dags can keep warming the press box and fill in when needed.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

I think will agree that Dags as to go!!!

That 2nd line needs a speedster to make it efficient. They are just to slow when Dags is on that line. Higgins brings speed and defensive awareness to the line that Dags just doesn't have. We could try Perezhogin, but he's not as agressive and defensively reliable as Higgins.

This brings up another question, would Latendresse fit with Ribeiro and Ryder? I have my doubts there also. Latendresse has the same weaknesses as Dags, no speed and no good defensive awareness.

Many questions for this season and next...

I'm starting to wonder if Ribeiro as the speed to succeed in the new NHL? Maybe Plekanec is our 2nd center of the future? One thing for sure, can't have 3 slow guys on the same line.

I see Latendresse playing with Koivu (if he returns?) and Kovalev next year.

I have so many questions????

I think our team will change over the next 2 years with the new rules. Gainey as just started to build is Stanley Cup winning team.

I definetly anticipate Gainey adding a good D and trading either Zednik or Ryder by next season. We have plenty of 2 top line wingers for next year:

Kovalev

Zednik

Ryder

Perezhogin

Latendresse

Maybe Kostitsyn? Probably in 2 years.

Originally posted by Quebecois

<i>Also, our second line has tended to suck of late...maybe throwing Zed on there could help to right that wobbly ship.</i>

Yeah this is assuming that the 2nd line can get going the way it is, which really shouldn't be assumed at this point. Aside from the leafs game, the 2nd line has been virtually invisible.

I agree with you. I don't understand why that would be but, here's two or three ideas:

1) sophomore slump (2nd year together as a line)

2) the other teams are more aware of their potential impact and are taking extra caution, putting extra pressure on them.

3) something else that I don't recognize and maybe you guys do.

I like your idea for the third line Québécois. That would probably the best third line in the league.

But I wouldn't touch the fourth line. That one IS the best fourth line in the league right now.

All is needed is to put Zednik in Soudstrom's spot

Perezhogin - Koivu - Kovalev

Dagenais - Ribeiro - Ryder

Zednik - Bonk - Bulis

Higgins - Bégin - Plekanec

The only weak link is Dags. Damn latendresse would of fit in nicely in his spot

It's too soon to give up on Ribeiro, although footspeed could be the fatal weakness that ruins his career. But his linemates this season have sucked rocks (Ryder's game-winning heroics have not reflected his poor overall play). That's why I advocate putting Zednik with Ribiero---only by giving him a top winger can we determine whether he's the problem. I wouldn't want to try Perezhogin there, in case Ribs IS the problem and the resulting debacle hurts Perezhogin's confidence.

I think our 3rd line right now is set, Sundstrom isn't going anywhere. On the other hand, I will be SHOCKED to see Dags still in the lineup once Zed comes back. So:

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Perezhogin - Ribeiro - Ryder

Sundstrom - Bonk - Bulis

Higgins - Bégin - Plekanec

If Zhog doesn't click with Ribs, then swap him and Higgins, Chris has done alright on that 2nd line for the short time he was on it. I really think we have to see how Ribs does with at least one fast linemate before anointing Plekanec in his place, especially since that 4th line is so awesome right now, well worth keeping while Ribs gets his sh!t together.

Another thing about Ribs - his value is probably much higher to us then to anyone else in the league, despite the fact that he led the team in scoring last year. Lots of people around the league are still pissed at him for the whole "diving" thing against the B's, plus as a local boy he has marketability in Mtl (at least for now) that he wouldn't have elsewhere. So we may as well show a little patience, it's not as if we're losing games right now.

Of course, as I type this, watch him get traded to L.A. and then be put on the line with Sean Avery. Now THAT would be funny shit!

Agree and what if (officialy we have this)

Perezhogin-Koivu-Kovalev

Bulis-Bonk-Zednik

Plekanec-Begin-Sundstrom

Higgins-Ribeiro-Ryder

as our fourth line is actually playing like a second and third line ..But the point is we keep the lines like Quebecois put them but officialy we bumped up bonk and bulis and only put Zed on the second... But still Julien will be using the lines as he has been using them already! get it? this way everyone is happy plus we make the Ryder ribiero line wake up! sort of a psycological trick more than anything.. muahahaha