Trouble in Russia with Emelin...

puck7x

Life goes on. I hope the kid has the strength to deal with the disruptions and can continue to work to improve himself.

If he's as good as his draft position suggest, he could be a great presence on the Habs blue line.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

This was a good read. I hope he can find another team that will allow play time.

I also like the Heino-Lindberg little tidbit thrown in. Every time I read something about him he is playing well. Montreal is really stocked with young raw talented goalies. Going to be very interesting in the next few years to see how every one pans out, or if they become part of a package for a big name player.

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

This was a good read.  I hope he can find another team that will allow play time.

I also like the  Heino-Lindberg little tidbit thrown in.  Every time I read something about him he is playing well.  Montreal is really stocked with young raw talented goalies.  Going to be very interesting in the next few years to see how every one pans out, or if they become part of a package for a big name player.

There's no way they can ALL become goalies for the team but, hopefully, they will be an important part in the future development of the team in trades for players or good draft picks (based upon the idea that draft picks will become a more and more important factor in team success).

By the way, Leafs 2, Thrashers 0 halfways through the second period.

Thinking more on this, maybe this could be a door opening to have Emelin coming over to North America to play on a CHL team. That would make it easier for the Canadiens to follow him and help him and us to follow him (we'll be no help).

:ghg::hlogo::hlogo::ghg:

Originally posted by shortcat1

Thinking more on this, maybe this could be a door opening to have Emelin coming over to North America to play on a CHL team. That would make it easier for the Canadiens to follow him and help him and us to follow him (we'll be no help).

This is an interesting idea. I wonder how good his English is? I know it would be tough for me overseas as I only speak 1 language.

This is an interesting idea. I wonder how good his English is? I know it would be tough for me overseas as I only speak 1 language.

Which one is that? ;):lol::lol:;)

Which one is that? ;):lol::lol:;)

Now, on a more serious note, I wonder how many languages Sarhei Kostsitsyn speaks, how many did Halak speak when he first arrived?, etc.

He was rumored to come over this summer to play in the CHL but it never happened. I have heard some talk that the Habs management wasn't too happy with the way Lada handled Emelin last year, sitting the then 18 year old for most of the season and not letting him play for the U-20 remax games against the CHL teams. But who knows how true it was.

But he cant come over now since the season has already started. I assume he will stay with Lada, but my biggest concern would be that they would send him down to juniors which would not be good imo. But no one knows what's going on at this time and we likely won't know much till the november transfer period gets here.

Originally posted by montreal

He was rumored to come over this summer to play in the CHL but it never happened. I have heard some talk that the Habs management wasn't too happy with the way Lada handled Emelin last year, sitting the then 18 year old for most of the season and not letting him play for the U-20 remax games against the CHL teams. But who knows how true it was.

But he cant come over now since the season has already started. I assume he will stay with Lada, but my biggest concern would be that they would send him down to juniors which would not be good imo. But no one knows what's going on at this time and we likely won't know much till the november transfer period gets here.

What transfer period? I don't understand what that's about.

1951 - one year old - long lost in the long lost early formative years - no memories whatsoever - only child of my parents

[Edited on 2005/10/21 by shortcat1]

So if this guy is the real deal can we expect him as an NHL rookie as early as 21? If he's doing great at 18 (I think) he should spend a year in the CHL (or ECHL or anywhere) and then a year in the AHL before playing a few games with the Habs. It's good to know we have a promising defenceman rising. Maybe he can play alongside Komo in a few years?

Again, what are you talking about, a transfer period? I've never heard of that... what is it?

1952 - two years old - don't remember anything... even the photos of that time don't bring any memories - must have been good though... nothing traumatic - was still only child - sister born in late December

[Edited on 2005/10/21 by shortcat1]

What transfer period? I don't understand what that's about.

they can't move players in or out of the league until the transfer period which is coming up in a few weeks. It's a part of the rules in the RSL.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this is old news at all but I just read it and haven't noticed it on any threads... There was an U20 Four Nations Tournament in Russia from Nov.11th-13th. The other countries participating were Sweden, Finland and Czech Republic. In two Games Montreal prospect Alexei Emelin had a goal and an assist and was named the tournament's Best Defenceman!

http://www.russianprospects.com

The coach of the National Team said he was very impressive.

This year with Lada he is leading the defence in scoring with 2 G, 4 A, as well as leading the team in PIM's with 75 in 26 games.

Anyway, thought this might be of interest to some people. I look forward to seeing him play in the WJC.