Game Thread | Toronto vs. Montreal | 10/15/05

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

souray's REALLY struggling... hmmm....

the announcers are talking about Quinn having his players slow down the habs by blocking the wing lanes. i hope that this isn't a slow return of a sort of trap kind of play... that would be BORRRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNGGGG

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

Period over, where is the start over button for the Habs. Cannot play like this in teh third or the game is over already.

[Edited on 2005/10/16 by Howie_Morenz]

That's right. I don't know where that button is located. Let's hope that someone will find it.

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Ok i'm out after this period. Wanted to stay but gotta sleep. Later guys, when i'm not listening things will go better.

Go Habs Go!!

Go Higgins Go!!!

g'night guy!

Dagenais was just interviewed on RDS. That's a bit of a media vote of confidence for him. If he was persona non grata, we'd never see that. It's usually 'media friendly faces' that get to do that.

Originally posted by shortcat1

the announcers are talking about Quinn having his players slow down the habs by blocking the wing lanes. i hope that this isn't a slow return of a sort of trap kind of play... that would be BORRRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNGGGG

It is the return of the trap on both sides. Montreal is getting away with it too.

If the Habs can put together a good period of concentrated attack at Belfour, with a few good scoring chances this game will be tied. Toronto is taking advantage of Power Plays, Montreal is not.

Time for Kovalev and Koivu to prove they are the veteran leaders and show how the game should be played. Also time for the defence to smarten up around Theo and stop giving the puck away.

MOST OF ALL, NO MORE PENALTIES!!!! It will kill any chance for a victory.

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

JLP, have you picked the gwg/gwa yet?

hehehe tell you what, with my perfect 3-0 record (relying heavily on what I call *the Ryder formula*), I will wait until the score is tied, then pick my GWG/A guy, but for now a hint -- his initials may well be "M.R."

Only ten of us here now.

Captain_Stealth,

dark_faerie87,

Dutch_Habs_Fan,

Howie_Morenz,

JeanLucPilon,

johnnyhasbeen,

Leafs Suck,

revvvrob,

moi,

TheBigRedC

makes for a small but warm gathering.... :):):)

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

JLP, have you picked the gwg/gwa yet?

hehehe tell you what, with my perfect 3-0 record (relying heavily on what I call *the Ryder formula*), I will wait until the score is tied, then pick my GWG/A guy, but for now a hint -- his initials may well be "M.R."

Heheh, I hope you're right. Game on!

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

It is the return of the trap on both sides. Montreal is getting away with it too.

If the Habs can put together a good period of concentrated attack at Belfour, with a few good scoring chances this game will be tied. Toronto is taking advantage of Power Plays, Montreal is not.

Time for Kovalev and Koivu to prove they are the veteran leaders and show how the game should be played. Also time for the defence to smarten up around Theo and stop giving the puck away.

MOST OF ALL, NO MORE PENALTIES!!!! It will kill any chance for a victory.

Crud! I hope we're wrong. There's got to be a way stopping that kind of defense. It'll kill a good part of what they're trying to do to make the game more exciting. :nono::nono::nono::(:(:(:nono::nono::nono:

Defensive breakdowns late in the 3rd will lead to our tying and winning goals once again. Although I'd prefer that we take the lead earlier.

Hope so...Leafs look better than they did last week, however the Habs have had two or three good chances but haven't barried it so I don't know what to think.

Only ten of us here now.

Captain_Stealth,

dark_faerie87,

Dutch_Habs_Fan,

Howie_Morenz,

JeanLucPilon,

johnnyhasbeen,

Leafs Suck,

revvvrob,

moi,

TheBigRedC

makes for a small but warm gathering.... :):):)

who brought the hot chocolate?

seriously, I'm on cammomile tea (it is 09h00), what about you guys? Any boozers out there?

Gonna go back to the 1st page of this string to see if there's anything on which I can comment. Yack, yack, yack...