Gretzky in over head?

hankhab

Does anyone else think Gretzky is in over his head in Pheonix? I mean, he's a guy who has never coached pro hockey on any level, with a team that is mediocre at best...how does he hope to succeed? I think he may have been a little headstrong in jumping in here, and somewhere, there must be a few nHL calibre coaches out there saying....I knew that would happen.

Give him some time to adjust. Who knows what could happen. He does have some assistant coaches for help.

Didn't Mario Tremblay make a jump to coaching out of the blue when he coached the Habs? He didn't do too bad.

i don't think it's gretzky's fault that the coyotes suck. they're just a terrible team. i would be very surprised if they made any kind of run at the playoffs this year.

i think their season should be considered a success if they end up with the #1 pick.

Originally posted by bbr93

i don't think it's gretzky's fault that the coyotes suck. they're just a terrible team. i would be very surprised if they made any kind of run at the playoffs this year.

i think their season should be considered a success if they end up with the #1 pick.

which, of course, they could trade to Montreal for a reasonable package.... hmmm... who and/or what would that be?

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Gretzky fans will just use his bad team as an excuse for losing. It was a horrible decision for him. Atleast become a GM, not a coach. The Desert Dogs have a serious shot at Phil Kessel.

which, of course, they could trade to Montreal for a reasonable package.... hmmm... who and/or what would that be?

You've gotta be kidding.

first.

As you have mentioned a million times before Montreal has a lot of good young talent. I disagree with a possible trade for a number one pick. What for?

We've already let go of Hossa. A habs in a Rangers uniform. Why give up something good for something that may not pan out. If this package that you infer includes Dagenais someone substantial must be

added.

second.

Give Gretzky a break. He isn't running the show completely in Phoenix. He wasn't stupid to surround himself with a great supporting cast. He's learning on the job. He'll be a winner regardless if the Coyotes have a losing record. My opinion Phoenix will recover at some point this season. They will be a playoff team.

third.

Shortcat1 glad to see your back. A short hiatus and yet you come back with the same old blah blah.

:hlogo: