theo, souray, ryder shortlisted for team canada

les_glorieux

Who wasn't named to that list, its huge.

You could easily eliminate 15 to 20 players as they won't make it.

Cloutier, Turco, Joseph and Ward as goalies

Boynton, Dejardins, Stuart, Jackman, MOrris as Defensman

Oldendyke, Allison, Arnott, BErtuzzi, Horcoff, Doan, Neidermayer, Walker, Walz, SHannahan, Chouinard, Savard, Briere, and Bouchard as forwards .........would be a good start.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I hope Sheldon is going in with no plans of making it. Despite the fact that he is one of our leaders he as no right even being on that list. Sorry Sheldon but your play thus far doesn't warrant an invite to the AHL All-star game.

As for Theo if he continues to play like he did in the third last night he could possibly slide infront of Luongo or even more possibly a struggling Martin Broudeur. It would be great for him to get one of the top 2 spots.

And Ryder, you never know he could make the decision process more difficult on Gretz and the boys if he continues to score and has a good camp.

Good luck guys and if anything this could act as a motivator for them to improve even more. Souray especially.

DB

Why exactly is Marc Chouinard of all people on this list..? Not exactly a star player, I'll tell you that, but he has 7 pts in 6 games this year. Gretz is just making sure that the team is prepared for any players with breakout seasons.

Luongo and Brodeur are LOCKS. I doubt Belfour will be the 3rd again, so I'd go with either Turco, Theodore or Raycroft.

Defense should be the same as the World Cup team, the ORIGINAL lineup before Blake and Pronger were hurt. McCabe would be a massive mistake IMO.

Upfront, most forwards are locks but of course their are those few spots that are open. I cannot see how Crosby is not on if he keeps playing as well as he is. Only 3 Canadian born players currently have more points than him. I'd also give Steve Sullivan a shot IF he keep up his amazing scoring. Kariya would be considered again, he looks like he's regained his form.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Luongo and Brodeur are LOCKS. I doubt Belfour will be the 3rd again, so I'd go with either Turco, Theodore or Raycroft.

Almost seems to be a 'tradition' to have Brodeur in there. I wonder when this run will come to an end. It will have to at some time.

Doan is no lock. Last time, the Maltby-Draper-Doan line was assembled as a checking line. Does Team Canada need a checking line with the new rules? This is international play though, not NHL. I say they take tough power forwards instead of checkers. Iginla, Thornton, Lecavalier, Bertuzzi(sorry) plus our huge defence is enough of the rough stuff.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Doan is no lock. Last time, the Maltby-Draper-Doan line was assembled as a checking line. Does Team Canada need a checking line with the new rules? This is international play though, not NHL. I say they take tough power forwards instead of checkers. Iginla, Thornton, Lecavalier, Bertuzzi(sorry) plus our huge defence is enough of the rough stuff.

I think adding first class checkers to the team was one of Gretzky's best moves and an important reason for Canada's winning run under his reign.

Every team needs a shut down third line to win no matter who your top flight scorers are.

Iginla, Thornton, Lecavalier, Bertuzzi(sorry) plus our huge defence is enough of the rough stuff.

Yes, I feel the same way. I'm somewhat ambivalent with regards to Bertuzzi. On the one hand, I have a hard time with a player who plays rought AND dirty. On the other hand, I recognize that, at times, it's difficult to separate the two.

Bertuzzi may be a talented player but that incident seems to have been just an extension of the kind of player that he is.

And yet, one can argue that he has paid his penalty for his act and it's always possible for someone to change and to grow personally. Let's hope that this is the case for Bertuzzi.

Originally posted by Tony

Brodeur will probably retire in his fourties.

I doubt he'll make the Olympics at 42 though. Even if he did, he might be 3rd string and not play any games.

Originally posted by Rooster

I think adding first class checkers to the team was one of Gretzky's best moves and an important reason for Canada's winning run under his reign.

Every team needs a shut down third line to win no matter who your top flight scorers are.

I'm sure Gretzky can find better checkers than these guys though. I'd rather have Primeau than of those guys.

Originally posted by Rooster

I'm sure Gretzky can find better checkers than these guys though. I'd rather have Primeau than of those guys.

Maybe we can give Canadian citizenship to Bulis-Bonk-Sundstrom:)

Originally posted by Tony

Brodeur will probably retire in his fourties.

I doubt he'll make the Olympics at 42 though. Even if he did, he might be 3rd string and not play any games.

that's basically what I meant.

I kinda hope that in 6-10 years Canada will have produced a goalie that plays better than a 40 yr old brodeur (this might not happen).