Streit Experiment

Mark Napier

Originally posted by ch_nl

Planeticket back to Switzerland.

Im not very impresed by Streit either but I do realize that he should get the same chance as every rookies. You say you do but your last sentence shows otherwise.

He should be on a shorter leash because he's much older than the other rookies. 5 years older.

Anyways, it looks like Julien heeded my remarks since Streit's been riding the bench after that stupid giveaway. Looks like it's all she wrote for this guy.

He should be on a shorter leash because he's much older than the other rookies. 5 years older.

I do not agree. Isn't there a proverb about old dogs and their abillity to learn?

Treat Streit as a rookie. He deserves it. He is one.

I do not agree. Isn't there a proverb about old dogs and their abillity to learn?

Treat Streit as a rookie. He deserves it. He is one. I consider him as less of a rookie than a guy like Komisarek (I know he's not a rookie, but he's the closest thing to one on our D) who he was taking ice-time away from... so that's why it's an issue. It's not like our forward situation where our rookies are replacing stiffs like Dagenais.

Treat Streit as a rookie. He deserves it. He is one.

Yes there is. See my above post :lol:.

I'm sorry but I just don't see it in Streit. Too much of a defensive liability to play in this league. At least so far. Like I said, some time in Hamilton will help this guy.

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

He got only one shift of 1.27 minutes. Thats realy sad, give him more minutes so he can adapt. Or sent him to Hamilton to get more ice-time. Think the last thing is best for hem, also get some confidence

thanx, Dutch_Habs_Fan!

I'm shure that Mark Streit is much better than he performed yet. He played now about 8 games... so, give him more time! Unfortunately, I can't see how Streit is playing (I can't see his mistake last night).... but guy's, whats the difference to sheldon souray? that was a horrible mistake!!!!

In my eyes, some people are not fair enough to Mark Streit.... yeah, I know... in canada, he's the little swiss-farmer or however :mad:. But this guy know's to play a very good hockey and so, give him some more time (icetime)!

Regards, Swiss-Habsfan

I'll visit montreal in spring to see some habs-games and I hope that Mark is still playing for the canadiens! Go Mark!

[Edited on 2005/10/28 by Swiss-Habsfan]

I, for one, do not think Streit should be put on a plane back to Switzerland. Streit should be treated as a rookie - he's dealing with a league which is much bigger and faster than he's used to, new teammates, and a smaller ice surface. We obviously saw something in him, or else we wouldn't have drafed him in the first place. I choose to trust Pierre Gauthier... I think eventually Streit will adapt and be a decent player in the NHL. Eventually.

That being said, at this point Streit is playing poorly and his presence in the lineup is only taking icetime away from Komisarek. Komi has definitely exceeded my expectations of him so far, and he's showing signs that he's starting to develop into a No. 1 or No. 2 blueliner. Komi should be playing 17-20 minutes a game right now (if not more), especially with Souray struggling. Streit's presence in the lineup only keeps Komi on the bench, which does not benefit the team whatsoever.

Streit needs to be on the ice. But so does Komisarek, and I don't think anybody on this board wants Streit out there instead of Komi at this point. Send Streit to Hamilton. Let him play 20 minutes a game. He'll turn out OK eventually, you'll see.

I don't get it though. In my opinion Streit is a better d-man than Hainsey. With that being said, if you send him to Hamilton and Hainsey comes up wouldn't Hainsey just cause the same problem and take ice time away from Komi as well? I dunno, I say keep him up at the NHL level for as long as you CAN. Needless to say if he continues to play "poorly" which I honestly don't think he really is for a 6th d-man then send him down. Who's going to replace him if you send him down though? Hainsey may never wear a habs jersey again.

Originally posted by xXx..CK..xXx

I don't get it though. In my opinion Streit is a better d-man than Hainsey. With that being said, if you send him to Hamilton and Hainsey comes up wouldn't Hainsey just cause the same problem and take ice time away from Komi as well? I dunno, I say keep him up at the NHL level for as long as you CAN. Needless to say if he continues to play "poorly" which I honestly don't think he really is for a 6th d-man then send him down. Who's going to replace him if you send him down though? Hainsey may never wear a habs jersey again.

We don't need to.

Markov-Rivet

Souray-Komi

Boullion-Dandenault

:hlogo: Let Markov have the reigns on the PP, this guys an all-star. I'm tired of seeing guys like MacGratton run all over our guys. If Ivanans is out for awhile bring up J. Paul or J. Aitken to play on the 4'th line someone who will at least take some of these idiots to the sin-bin for 5 minutes and not have (Souray or Begin) have to do it, the other teams would love that trade off. I say if G. Laraque is available lets get him. (Sundstrom for Laraque)