Standings

habzz22

Not sure if you guys have taken a look at it, but tonight's game against Florida will be very important in terms of Eastern conference standings. If the Habs win, they can put six points between them and the Florida Panthers who are hovering around 8th. It woould be nice to start getting some breathing room!:clap:

Originally posted by habzz22

Not sure if you guys have taken a look at it, but tonight's game against Florida will be very important in terms of Eastern conference standings. If the Habs win, they can put six points between them and the Florida Panthers who are hovering around 8th. It woould be nice to start getting some breathing room!:clap:

I agree, Florida played hard against the Leafs and hopefully the Panthers will be tired after all that checking. Standings are incredibly close, even the Loser Leafs are keeping up.

Montreal will need to score in the first period to put added pressure early on the Panthers. I did not check the schedule so I did not know about this game, thanks for the reminder.

[Edited on 2005/11/1 by Howie_Morenz]

Originally posted by les_glorieux

Luongo will be well rested after watching from the bench last night. It'll be interesting to see who'll get the start tonight. My gut feeling says Danis.

If it's Danis we start what a psych-out on Loungo and Florida, showing the confidence to match our backup against their ace! Could rattle them maybe? I'll be here for the game, teapot in hand, Go Habs Go!

I know the season is still very young, but I'm not too worried about the Habs being involved in a late season battle for 8th spot. Think they are a solid 4-5-6 spot team. In any event, a win is always important.

I believe Danis should get the start tonight (think he should have gottent he start yesterday if it wasn't for Theo's bad performance on saturday).

This is my first post. I want to say that this site is awseome and I only wish I had found it sooner than this season.

I am happy Danis will get the start theo will be rested to go both games against Buffalo.

The Buffalo games are more important beacuse of their inter-divisional importance.

This will also be a good test for our speed as Buffalo is also a young team with lots of speed and talent.

On another note does anyone use this site from Ottawa and attened many games in montreal?????

Originally posted by JMMR

This is my first post. I want to say that this site is awseome and I only wish I had found it sooner than this season.  

I am happy Danis will get the start theo will be rested to go both games against Buffalo.

The Buffalo games are more important beacuse of their inter-divisional importance.

This will also be a good test for our speed as Buffalo is also a young team with lots of speed and talent.

On another note does anyone use this site from Ottawa and attened many games in montreal?????

Welcome aboard JMMR!

Is it for sure Danis gets the start? I hope so because Jose deserves teh night off after that impressive performance last night. Steady goaltending is something that makes a difference for a young team like Montreal.

Buffalo is a tough team as they can skate and are not all that bad at scoring goals. I thought after the changes there Buffalo would be bad but I was wrong.

Go Habs Go!

Originally posted by simonus

Yeah, but somehow I'm more worried about Boston than Florida as far as the 8th spot.  Of course, if boston keeps sucking....

It's hard to worry about a team who's best D-man so far is Jiri Slegr (no offense to Slegr, but he shouldn't be your #1 D-man!). I just hope the Bruins make the playoffs so we can beat them again.

Originally posted by option+

Yeah, but somehow I'm more worried about Boston than Florida as far as the 8th spot.  Of course, if boston keeps sucking....

It's hard to worry about a team who's best D-man so far is Jiri Slegr (no offense to Slegr, but he shouldn't be your #1 D-man!). I just hope the Bruins make the playoffs so we can beat them again.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hahahahaha good post, it is fun beating Boston!

The Bruins have Brian Leetch. Among others like Nick Boynton.

Originally posted by habzz22

True enough but we've played how many games? 12. How many games are there to go? 70. Do we actually think that six points at this 'point' in the season will be sufficient to make any kind of impact? I can't imagine that we do.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

[Edited on 2005/11/2 by shortcat1]

Originally posted by JMMR

Another welcome to you. I trust that you'll have a 'good time' with this community. You'll get a whole lot of information, a whole lot of discussion, a whole lot of derision and a whole lot of craziness. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Originally posted by loved1986

I am not worried about a play-off spot, but more of home ice advantage.

Just a little devil's advocating here. It might be better that they don't have home advantage because (so far, anyways) they seem to play better during away games. :eyes::eyes::eyes:

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

The Bruins have Brian Leetch. Among others like Nick Boynton.

Boynton and Leetch are better than Slegr (or should be) but haven't shown it so far this year. Boynton is in all likelyhood just rusty. Not sure what Leetch's excuse is. Age?