Saku's Brother

JLP

Well, Mikko played 13:01, of which 1:32 was on the PP. He also played on the PK for 2:24. Logged one shot on goal and a 50% on his eight faceoffs. He had a takeaway but took a tripping penalty. Minnesota beat San Jose 3-1 in the game.

I think that about covers it.

We play the Wild Dec 17, looking forward to the Battle of the Koivu Brothers!

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

We had 7th pick and he was chosen 6th overall. So close!  

Though I'm also happy with the 7th and Komisaurus ... ;)

Anyways, nice to finally see Mikko in the NHL ... now only Jukka has to coach a team and the Koivu's will rule the league. :P

[Edited on 6-11-05 by HABS Fan Nr.1]

Well, it didn't take so long -- Mikko just netted his first NHL goal, in the first period of his second game!

(making it Wild 2 Ducks 0)

Go Mikko!

:clap:

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

Well, it didn't take so long -- Mikko just netted his first NHL goal, in the first period of his second game!

(making it Wild 2 Ducks 0)

Go Mikko!

:clap:

Hehe, I was just about to post that, but you beat me to it.

Go Mikko Go!

Originally posted by JMMR

Anoyone pondering the possibility that we get Mikko Koivu either in a trade or free agency in 4 or 5 years????? Koivu will be about 37 or 38 but you never know.

In five years, Saku is only going to be 36.

Originally posted by JMMR

Anoyone pondering the possibility that we get Mikko Koivu either in a trade or free agency in 4 or 5 years????? Koivu will be about 37 or 38 but you never know.

You never know? His age? He's 31 now. In 5 years, he'll be 36. Depending on his overall health, he may still be around - at least I hope so.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

I don't think Mikko Koivu is anywhere near his older brother. Mikko Koivu still hasn't played a lot of international games. I know he's young but like always with brothers. They get compared...

No, the younger brother doesn't usually get better than the older one but Mikko seems to be a very talented hockey player.

Remember, he was chosen 6th overall (hopefully not because he's Saku's brother) just like Gilbert Brule who's supposed to become a great player.

He also scored in his second NHL game htough it doesn't mean much. He has a different style of play from Saku but I think he'll end up as a good player. Hopefully the Habs'll land one day and hopefully when we still have Saku.