Game Thread | Capitals vs. Canadiens | 11/19/05 | 7:00 p.m.

les_glorieux

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

Whoever is watching, who is the goat tonight?

Souray Streit? Danis?

anyway sounds like we are playing better now

All are right. It'll be pretty funny if people start screaming to trade Danis now. Maybe this will shut them up about Theo. People take it for granted that we have a top 3 goalie on our team.

man if the Habs just started periods with the thought in their heads that it was the dying minutes -- maybe we need a team hypnotist because it sounds like the boys have got used to slacking off for the first 16 minutes of every period.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Ribeiro The Puckhog. Noticed the man was alone behind the net and Ribeiro thought he'd be slick and play with it (easy U) then give it away. Classic Ribeiro.

If you're talking about his play at the final seconds of the period, I think he did the right thing. Ryder was in a great position to score where whoever was behind the net obviously wasn't. They needed an immediate scoring chance and an open man in the slot is a better place to get it than from behind the net.

aside from sog, we were behind on faceoff% and now are finally up (54% in Offensive zone).

I think we're going to make a decent comeback in the 3rd, but have some doubt as to whether we can come back. Silver lining - good lesson on what happens when you dont show up.

I bet Danis is kinda pissed that the team is playing for theo but not for him.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Ribeiro The Puckhog. Noticed the man was alone behind the net and Ribeiro thought he'd be slick and play with it (easy U) then give it away. Classic Ribeiro.

If you're talking about his play at the final seconds of the period, I think he did the right thing. Ryder was in a great position to score where whoever was behind the net obviously wasn't. They needed an immediate scoring chance and an open man in the slot is a better place to get it than from behind the net.

Bonk was standing alone behind the net. Ribeiro had two guys on him and he held onto it and skated around and eventually lost it. It was the wrong move.

Whoever is watching, who is the goat tonight?

Souray Streit? Danis?

anyway sounds like we are playing better now

All are right. It'll be pretty funny if people start screaming to trade Danis now. Maybe this will shut them up about Theo. People take it for granted that we have a top 3 goalie on our team.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Yes Mr. Habbie I hope you are right. Jose is playing injured and he has shown that he can play the position. My biggest question never got answered in past posts. If not Theo, who plays net for Montreal?

The goat for this game is the ENTIRE TEAM AGAIN. They just played very well in the last few minutes and if they can score early in the third, game is not over.

Go Habs....

Ribs doesn't strike me as a team player (but what do i know)

That was a good period for the Habs. We dominated. Sure, STreit made a horrible mistake on that goal but Danis still should have had it. He scored on himself for the first one and the second one was also soft.

I'm not giving up on the game either, b/c the team has picked it up a bit, but seriously, why did Julien change the PP combo from a couple of weeks ago, that was working, when he had Bouillon and Dandy on the back end. This Sourray and Streit thing is the brutalest shit I have ever seen. Streit is just BAD and Sourray can't get a shot to the net... If it doesn't get blocked it's because it's 12 feet wide. Bouillon was doing very well at just getting pucks through for deflections and screens.

Zednik is pissing me off too, he's just sitting in the neutral zone waiting for someone to hit him with a long pass instead of coming back and playing D. Sickening to watch, NO EFFORT.

THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING TO WATCH....I HOPE JULIEN RIPS INTO THEM, AND STARTS BENCHING PLAYERS.

Ribs doesn't strike me as a team player (but what do i know)

Well you know your hockey that's for sure JeanLuc

Bonk was standing alone behind the net. Ribeiro had two guys on him and he held onto it and skated around and eventually lost it. It was the wrong move.

He didn't lose it. Ryder was open, he passed to Ryder who went for a slapshot but someone got a stick on it so the shot barely left his stick. It was a nice pass though. When it was happening I was thinking why wasn't he cycling back but he ended up finding an open player. The conservative move would have been behind the net though.

we had bad luck this game but we won a few early in the season with good luck -- end of the day luck will even out and what determines your success is skill and effort -- we have some skill although our best player is out, we need someone to stand up in the dressing room and kick butt...

end of rant

It looks like were on a bitch session so I'll jump in.

I'm beginning to think Ribeiro is a punk! I hate when a goalie stops him and he shakes his head in disbelief or slaps the puck in anger when someones offside. It always reminds me of that performance he did in the playoffs with the faking. What kind of guy is he like in the dressing room with an attitude like that?

He's smart with the puck, but he seems to also be lazy. I've tried to wax positive about this guy and with games like this its getting hard.

[Edited on 2005/11/20 by Lister110]

we had bad luck this game but we won a few early in the season with good luck -- end of the day luck will even out and what determines your success is skill and effort -- we have some skill although our best player is out, we need someone to stand up in the dressing room and kick butt...

end of rant

I should nave FedX'ed them my lucky rabbits foot. Not so lucky for the rabbit though:)

Originally posted by Denis Savard

A question for people who's watching the game on TV, Do you think Habs win is possible or not?

The way this season has gone, I'll never say never, but it would require some finnishing and some effort in the third period.

We scored 3 in the second yesterday, why not today in the third.

Originally posted by Denis Savard

A question for people who's watching the game on TV, Do you think Habs win is possible or not?

Of course. Get your phone ready, the Cardiac Kids are gonna make you dial 9-1-1!