Zholtok and Random NHL Notes

BTH

Here's just a list of interesting things that happened in games last night.

Have any of you heard of ex-habs Sergei Zholtok recently? No, me neither. I just heard that last night the Wild had a ceremony to honour his death last night in a game vs the Predators. Apparently, the Latvian died of heart failure on November 3, 2004.

If we ever play the Predators and can't find a way to beat Vokoun then here's a way. All 4 goals came from shots from the point in a 4-3 losing cause ot the Preds. One of them was a weak wrister and somehow got through Vokoun's legs.

Again, from the Nashville-Minnesota game. Mikko Koivu led his team with 3 assists. The rookie is starting to rack up the points.

If we're talking about some of the toughest guys in the NHL, how's Wayne Primeau for tough? Last night, he was at the point, a puck flew in his face, he sucked it up, blasted a shot and scored. He went on to the bench and then got stitches.

The Leafs blew out the Thrashers again. Some fans were mad that only 1 fight took place (Boulton and Belak). In Atlanta they're still hoping though. Their December first game vs the Leafs is already sold out for only the second time this year.

Was I the only one surprised when the lowly Blues topped the Red Wings 3-2 last night?

In another minor upset, the Sharks's comeback fel short when they lost 4-3 to Chicago in a shootout.

And that's everything.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

And that's everything.

Simon Gagné sored goal #20 last night. He now has 31 pts in 19 games. His previous career high in goals stands at 33 (01-02), points 66 (01-02). Looks like he's on track for a career year. OK it's still early, playing on a line with Forsberg won't hurt.

In california, MG looks like he's back on track.

[Edited on 20-11-05 by mathieug]

Originally posted by mathieug

And that's everything.

Simon Gagné sored goal #20 last night. He now has 31 pts in 19 games. His previous career high in goals stands at 33 (01-02), points 66 (01-02). Looks like he's on track for a career year. OK it's still early, playing on a line with Forsberg won't hurt.

In california, MG looks like he's back on track.

[Edited on 20-11-05 by mathieug]

Hopefully, he has a career year and the Flyers don't. And then we can hope that Simon wants to come home and play with the Habs when he becomes a UFA. I just don't know if that's next year or the year after but one can only hope it's next year.

Somebody is going to overpay for Gagné next year. Don't get me wrong, I think Simon is a fantastic hockey player. But there's no chance he has 20 goals in 19 games if he's not playing with Forsberg. Remember, he had two consecutive sub-par years in 02-03 and 03-04, and it's not like he wasn't playing on a talented team.

Perhaps he's just coming into his own. I'll be interested to see how he performs when Forsberg inevitably goes down with an injury later this year.

Don't go wishing for Gagné. If he's anything like he is in EHM he'll ask for 10 million dollars!:P

And here's another fact I left out.

The Islanders are 8-0 when Shawn Bates scores, this season. Kind of like Brad Richards last season.

Don't go wishing for Gagné. If he's anything like he is in EHM he'll ask for 10 million dollars!:P

And here's another fact I left out.

The Islanders are 8-0 when Shawn Bates scores, this season. Kind of like Brad Richards last season.

Don't Leaf fans have Gane signed already for next year, along with Rob Blake, Joe Sakic and ... and .... and...

you guys should remember zholtok, he actually was on our top two lines few years back, very skilled player, but easily pushed off the puck. Actually i do beleive he was one of our leading scorers way back when, but i should mention in those days we had lots of injuries, and ppl like craig darby playing big minutes.

Zholtok was third on the team in scoring in 99-00 with an astounding 38 points from 26 goals and 12 assists. Rucinsky led the team with 49 points and Zubrus was second with 42. Just looking at the roster makes me shudder... Craig Darby... Patrick Poulin... Juha Lind... Jim Cummins... Miroslav Guren... Barry Richter... Matt Higgins... just a few of the luminaries on that team.

Originally posted by option+

Just looking at the roster makes me shudder... Craig Darby... Patrick Poulin... Juha Lind... Jim Cummins... Miroslav Guren... Barry Richter... Matt Higgins... just a few of the luminaries on that team.

Those Were The Days, our top point getter with less than 50 pts, happy the way things our going right now. 2001-02 was great as well, koivu played 54 games and shared the team lead in points with oleg petrov. They both got 47. Petrov played 81 games. This season koivu played 21 games and has 25 points. Matt higgins.. Miloslav Guren, Jesse Belanger, those were the days.