Jiri Fischer

Psycing

TSN is reporting (breaking news) that Detroit Defenseman Jiri Fischer has been taken out in a stetcher after collapsing on his bench... Medical stuff performed CPR on him before he was taken off.... Both teams have gone to their dressing room and the game has been delayed...

The exact quote (seen below), can be found on http://www.tsn.ca

Jiri Fischer of the Detroit Red Wings was treated by emergency medical staff after apparently collapsing on the bench during tonight's game against Nashville. Initial but unconfirmed reports suggest Fischer may have been hit in the throat by a puck. Medical crews appeared to be doing CPR on Fischer before he was taken out on a stretcher. The Predators and Red Wings have gone to their dressing rooms and the game has been delayed until further notice. Details to follow...

I'd like to send my best wishes to both Jiri Fischer and the Fischer family in hope that he will be alright!

The fact that both teams were sent to their dressing rooms cannot be good news though... I don't believe I've ever seen that happen before.

Originally posted by JMMR

I am watching the game. He had a seizure on the bench CPR was administered and he is responsive at a local Detroit hospital

Yea, just heard that report on Sportsnet... Good to hear that he's doing alright... they also mentioned that he did have a history of heart problems...

They also believe the game will continue... but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Poor guy! Did anyone else see when they were carrying the stretcher across the ice and Yzerman, Draper rush in there and rush the stretcher away across the ice? In my personal opinion, I beleive this shows how much they care about their teammate. So hats off to them! Also, the look on the paramedic's face was priceless.

Originally posted by TheBigRedC

Poor guy! Did anyone else see when they were carrying the stretcher across the ice and Yzerman, Draper rush in there and rush the stretcher away across the ice? In my personal opinion, I beleive this shows how much they care about their teammate. So hats off to them! Also, the look on the paramedic's face was priceless.

Yea, it seems almost fitting that Stevie Y was one of hte guys rushing to get that stetcher too him... considering everything he's gone through, and the heart he brings to the rink every game.

Originally posted by TheBigRedC

Tomorrow I beleive.

Interesting they suspended the game like that...

Hope Fischer is ok, what a thing to happen -- I recall our ex-Hab Sergei Zholtok had a seizure and died during a game in Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Zholtok

I saw the footage of that on the NHL Network. Kudos to Stevie and Drapes for grabbing that stretcher. Shanny also helped Fischer's wife to the bench. Sounds like hes gonna be ok, my thoughts are with him and his family. Kind of have to ignore the rivalry in a situation like that.